recommend a good dr?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

recommend a good dr?

Postby gooseygirl » 16 Jun 2011, 12:32

looks like i may need LIS. can anyone recommend a good dr in the los angeles area? thanks!!
gooseygirl

Topics: 1

Re: recommend a good dr?

Postby Savaici » 17 Jun 2011, 11:23

Hi there. Welcome! You say you may need LIS. Did your own doctor tell you that or do you just think so. Difficult to recommend a doctor without knowing the area. I am in Maine. However, what I did was just google 'colon rectal surgeon Los Angeles' to see what came up. There were some with five star reviews there, so suggest you research a few of those. That is what I did when I was looking, though in the end my local doctor referred me... To a surgeon I could find nothing about. I would just either go with what your PCP says, or research it thoroughly for yourself. Good luck. Come back and ask more questions.
Last edited by Anonymous on 17 Jun 2011, 11:39, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spelling errors!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: recommend a good dr?

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 17 Jun 2011, 23:31

Hey Goosey, we used to have a couple members here from So Cal. One of them went by the screen name "afugh". I believe he was from Glendale or thereabouts. He had an anal fissure which eventually became a fistula, and he wound up having fistula surgery somewhere in the Valley if I recall correctly.
The search feature doesn't seem to be cooperating very much at the moment, so I'd suggest maybe looking for some of his old posts by using Google to search this site. Here's a link you can use as a shortcut:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=afugh+site:analfissure.editboard.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=951dc7972bfd90fb&biw=1024&bih=675
I know we had others from So Cal but can't remember the names right now, sorry.
Also, I used to live in West LA and saw a butt doctor in Beverly Hills at one point (10+ years ago), but according to other members on this site, he seems to no longer be doing surgery these days, or may have moved his practice entirely. So unfortunately he's probably not a viable option.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45