AF for 2 weeks now, feeling a lot better, but new blood

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF for 2 weeks now, feeling a lot better, but new blood

Postby adam » 20 Jun 2011, 16:47

I've had my fissure for almost two weeks now. I've seen my doctor, and she gave me anusol (that I can't use because it's too hard for me). For these past two weeks, I haven't seen one drop of blood on my stools or toilet paper. This morning's bowel movement was okay, no blood, but this afternoon's bowel movement was less painful, but noticed a very tiny amount of blood on my stool, and about less than half a tea spoon of blood on the toilet paper after i wiped. I wiped again and there was nothing. I took a bath after this bowel movement, and I must say tonight I feel the least pain since it started, but I can tell the cut is still there. I hope I'm just not getting used to the pain : /.
Is this blood a sign that my fissure is getting worse, even though it's feeling better? I've been eating salads, fruits, fibre 1 cereal, whole wheat asta, I sprinkle flax a lot of the stuff I eat, and I'm drinking over 10 bottles of water a day because I work construction in extreme heat (it's the summer here starting tomorrow). The only thing I may have done wrong in the past 24 hours was last night I had a FEW dorito's chips (my bowel movent this morning had no blood) and at lunch I smoke ONE cigarette, and last week I smoked 5 in one day and there was no blood even then.
I hope an experienced person helps me out with this, because my doctor seems too rushy to stop and talk about my symptoms more to get a better understanding.
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: AF for 2 weeks now, feeling a lot better, but new blood

Postby Savaici » 21 Jun 2011, 14:37

Hope you read the other posts Adam in answer to your first post. One thing with a fissure too is too be gentle on your butt when wiping. Rough wiping won't help the healing process.
Did the doc actually see a fissure? I guess at yes or you probably would not have come/found this place. However, if the doc did not find one, that could be the reason she prescribed Anusol, for a swollen hemorrhoid. Fissures are definitely not treated by that. Not sure if in Canada you have to have the creams/ointments that NG mentioned, compounded. You do here in the States. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby StevePain » 21 Jun 2011, 14:56

Hey adam, one thing is for sure, NOBODY gets used to the pain, welcome to the club!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Pavel96 » 26 Jun 2011, 16:24

yeah welcome to the club, the answer no one knows is how our name was selected to be on the list of anal-fissure patients, I guess we will never know, and its not something you would want to wish on anyone
Pavel96
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3