fruit smoothie recipes

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

fruit smoothie recipes

Postby cherylk » 12 Feb 2011, 11:37

Guys and gals,
Let's start a new thread for smoothie recipes. There already is a thread for "green smoothies" here, but I am more interested in fruit smoothies.
I made this one today, and I want to get some protein powder to start adding to my smoothies. Smoothies have fiber from the included fruits and should be easily digestible for people with an AF and also have lots of vitamins and other good nutrients for the body.
Blueberry-Apricot Smoothie
Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used. In a blender, combine 1/2 cup frozen blueberries and half of a medium banana. Process until mixture is coarsely chopped. Add 3 tablespoons from a 5 1/2 oz. can of apricot nectar and process until almost smooth. Add remaining nectar and process until frothy. Makes 1 serving.
Nutrion information per serving: 181 calories, .9g total fat, .2g saturated fat, .2g monosaturated fat, .3g ployunsaturated fat, 4.4g dietary fiber, 1.5g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 0mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium. Also a good source of vitamin B6.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: fruit smoothie recipes

Postby seattlesounders » 30 Jun 2011, 23:51

Mango - Orange Smoothie
Frozen Mango from Trader Joe's and Mandarin Oranges - great combo.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7