Anyone have a skin tag return after surgery?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone have a skin tag return after surgery?

Postby Bambi » 08 Mar 2011, 06:21

At almost 3 weeks post-op, the area where my skin tag was has been irritated feeling the past few days. Now it seems when I gently touch there that it feels like there is a small bump. I don't know if it is simply going through some part of the healing process or (oh no!) is the skin tag returning? Right before surgery my CRS did mention to me that could happen. Has anyone else had a skin tag return or had a similar experience like this following surgery?
Thanks-
Bambi :(
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Anyone have a skin tag return after surgery?

Postby StevePain » 08 Mar 2011, 07:58

I've had a skin tag return on my shoulder after being frozen off with liquid nitrogen, so the possibility of one returning in the anal region is likely although I wouldn't think it would return so quickly after surgery, but who knows?
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2011, 13:27

bumping up this question....
along with the post-LIS seeping question, this would be another good one to add for survey purposes.
fwiw, after 5.5 months from skin tag removal, i don't have a regrowth.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2011, 16:56

I did think I had a skin tag returning in the same exact place one was removed at around 8 weeks post-op.
For some reason I had an unusual amount(4) of bm's and I came in here posting what was going on- freaking out, but it went down and since has never returned. I'm 8 months post-op now and have had no problems. It's gone?!:)

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2011, 16:59

Happy, I think we need to add this and the leakage after surgery to the survey as you already mentioned the other day. I wonder if NG can/will do that for us:)