Ready to stop the pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Ready to stop the pain

Postby bryan82 » 05 Jul 2011, 10:37

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum. My name is Bryan and I am 29 years old. I have been suffering from fissures and mild cases of external hemorrhoids since I was about 13. When I was younger it would only effect me once or twice a year. However, over the past 6 or so years I have noticed it gradually getting worse and reoccurring more frequently. For example, once a month or twice a month. I feel like I have tried everything. I'm not sure where to begin. I just want to get my fissures and hems. under control. I want them to hopefully someday be banished!
So far I have been getting colonics and have incorporated good eating habits in my diet, hight in fiber, fruits and water. So I've just recently got my digestion back in order and my stools to be softer. However, I do not know how to treat and heal the area. I've been reading about healing oils and salves, but I'm not sure which ones to use. It's quite overwhelming. I've also been taking a couple supplements for my hem. situation (rutin and bioflavanoids). And just started using a little olive oil around anus to promote healing of fissures. I'm not sure if I'm doing any of this right. I just want the tissue of my anus to become stronger and protected and to no longer prolapse and tear.
I'm sooooo looking forward to getting some highly experienced advice from someone who has found ways to control and treat these issues. There is so much out there on the market and I just get overwhelmed and dont' want to end up spending all of my money on treatments that I have no idea about.
Also, what is Nitrog? And H-fissure and H-hemorrhoid?
I look forward to feed back. I am quite desperate at the moment.
Thank you and I'm excited to have found such a great forum
Warmest,
Bryan (chicago, IL)
bryan82

Topics: 1

Re: Ready to stop the pain

Postby Guest » 05 Jul 2011, 14:08

Hi Bryan,
Welcome to the forum. Once a fissure is chronic (over 6 weeks old), they usually don't heal without surgery. You can end up spending loads of money on products that may bring some relief,or make things worse if not prescribed by a CRS, and truthfully just don't work.If any of the products were miracle cures or worked then the surgery wouldn't be necessary or available in my opinion and experience.
Nitroglycerin(nitro) is a ointment that is prescribed to help treat fissures. There are a few ointments that can be prescribed by a doctor for fissures such as nitro, diltiazem, nifedipine, etc. They are suppose to help promote blood flow and reduce anal resting pressure which can help heal a fissure or at the least give some relief.
Most of the success stories I have read with the ointments have been from people who started the ointments before the fissure became chronic.
I wouldn't waste my money on any products that weren't prescribed by a CRS. LIS is the best cure for a chronic fissure. It has the best success rate than any ointment.

Postby val » 07 Jul 2011, 02:13

Welcome Bryan,
I second what Dawn says, if you have been suffering with it for such a long time it is very unlikely to heal without surgery.
The hemorroid creams usually contain hydrocortisone which can thin the skin and make a fissure worse.
The best thing to do is find a good colo-rectal surgeon that you can trust and see what he says. He might prescribe one of the healing creams to try, or more than likely suggest lis, which is a very simple quick operation, that should hopefully end your woes with the fissure.
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby dexterdude » 08 Jul 2011, 12:36

I third :), and moreover your story is 90% like mine, age and all. Except I was in a worse position as I had pain every single day during the last year or so. I now had fissurectomy + botox and am waiting for the wound to heal, but I feel good that at least I'm taking action.
So I would say talk to a CRS asap and begin the process of trying to heal it. (most of) These guys really know what they're doing :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3