fissurectomy & botox

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

fissurectomy & botox

Postby busybrooke3 » 25 Jul 2011, 22:42

Hi- Unfortunately, I am a new member to this group. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when I found out that other people are dealing with the same issues I have and that I'm not alone, but I never thought I would seek support for butt pain!! The pain from my fissure is taking over my life and it is hard for others to understand the pain. I'm a busy mom and wife, and it's hard to keep up with life when there is so much pain.
I am scheduled for a fissurectomy and botox injections on August 3rd. My doctor was totally against the LIS surgery, which I was hoping he would be infavor of. He said that there is a high risk of incontinence and he only resorts to that surgery when all else fails. I am wondering if anyone else has had just a fissurectomy with botox and how bad was recovery? Also, was it successful long term? Thanks, I would love to hear from you!
busybrooke3
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: fissurectomy & botox

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2011, 23:06

Hey busybrooke,
I felt exactly the same way when I found this forum. I couldn't believe I was at a point in my life where I needed support for butt problems,LOL. But I was so glad to find this place and others who knew where I was coming from.
We have few boardies who have had fissurectomies with botox recently. There post are in the Considering Surgery or Already had it threads.
I had LIS last year and a skin tag removed. I never was gave the option of Botox. Many folks choose or are advised by their CRS's to go that route before getting LIS.