Need some healing vibes and prayers for Wednesday

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Need some healing vibes and prayers for Wednesday

Postby seattlesounders » 25 Jul 2011, 12:40

Guys, Wanted to update you on my progress. I'm coming up to 6 weeks from my LIS + fissurectomy + hem opp and still in pain. Side note I also have discharge (yellow and sometimes brown and green) found on my gauze. I'm going to see another doc on Wednesday for an examination under anaesthetic to work out why I'm not healing faster. I'm nervous to go back in, but don't seem to be on a healing path - still in pain when I poop (despite soft stools), have to sleep on my side, and find it hard to sit down.
Would love any words of encouragement, or feedback from those who have had positive news after an examine under anesthesia.
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Need some healing vibes and prayers for Wednesday

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2011, 14:19

Prayers for your examination on Wednesday Seattle! We had another post this morning with similar discharge you are describing after Fissurectomy and LIS.

Postby Deleted User 579 » 25 Jul 2011, 19:54

Hey Seattle - I'm sending good vibes and wishing you the best for your Wednesday examination.
I'm sorry I don't know much about fissurectomies - I've had an LIS and a fistulotomy - but from what I've read here, I seems to me that it can take quite a while for fissurectomy wounds to heal, and wounds do tend to secrete fluid while they are healing. I think it is great that you are getting a thorough exam, though, because it is good to make sure that the color of the fluid isn't a problem and also if there is something going wrong and preventing the healing, then you can deal with it sooner rather than later.
Good luck! I hope you get good news.
Deleted User 579

Postby dexterdude » 28 Jul 2011, 10:39

Good luck! I'm almost 6 weeks post fissurectomy+botox and also not healed, also in pain, also with discharge. Maybe it's the natural course for a fissurectomy, I don't know. Do keep us updated please.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby seattlesounders » 28 Jul 2011, 12:44

Thanks for the interest and warm wishes guys. I'm recovering from the check-up yesterday. I found out a couple of things that are delaying my healing but are obviously specific to me - 1. My hemorrhoid wounds are not healing for some reason. Doc has taken some samples for biopsy. 2 My bowels are inflamed for some reason. Doc thinks there is some kind of colitis elsewhere along the bowel, so I'm back on metronizadole to try and clear this. 3 I have an ulcer close to the site of the surgery. Doc thinks this is unrelated to the surgery itself, just bad luck. Anybody else go through something similar?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Postby cyn » 28 Jul 2011, 23:49

Hi Seattle
I will pray for you I am so sorry to hear your story I have not had surgery yet but I can only imagine the pain.
Cyn
cyn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby seattlesounders » 29 Jul 2011, 20:23

Thanks Cyn likewise. I'm in the minority with my situation, so don't worry about things. When is your opp scheduled for?
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 30 Jul 2011, 08:21

Hi Seatltesounders - I'm sorry I don't know very much about your situation. From what I've read on this forum, it seems that some people do heal more slowly than others, but in some cases the slow healing is caused by an underlying condition, like Crohns or colitis, so I think it's really great that your doc is investigating. I really hope you get good news from the biopsy and that you start healing better very soon! Please let us know how things are going and what the doc says.
Deleted User 579

Postby cyn » 31 Jul 2011, 23:20

Hi
I have not yet scheduled surgery was getting better then was put on antibiotics for h pylori ( stomach bacteria) was pre spared to get diarrhea as all the pharmacists warned but not e I get constipated I'm scared because I'm on these for 2 weeks and this is day 2. I will keep u in my thoughts hang in there.
Cyn
cyn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1