One year after LIS.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: One year after LIS.

Postby StevePain » 08 Aug 2011, 14:15

Hey Dawn, I don't have spasms as such, but on occasion my sphincter seems to contract or twitch but it's completely painless, my CRS told me that because it's been compromised it may never be the same again, and deep down I know this.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 08 Aug 2011, 14:19

alpinestrawberry wrote: I think giving it a full year before considering another surgery is the way to go. Giving it time has been useful in my case anyway; I've seen gradual improvement over the last 2 months (it's been almost 5 months since surgery).
The problem is, when you're in pain, when you've just had a fresh tear and you've already jumped through all the hoops of creams, surgery, maybe botox, etc., it's just so extremely depressing. It's easy to believe then that it's not going to get better, ever.
Hang in there, everyone who's healing slowly!

Hey Jess, I'm glad you've seen some kind of improvement just stick with what works best for you and take each day as it comes, you're right though, it can be extremely depressing, often the mental toll is much greater than the physical one, trust me I've been on the edge a few times, only prayer and positivity have got me through this ordeal.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 08 Aug 2011, 14:25

of all the places to hurt wrote:Steve & Dave,
Reading both your blogs has left me confused now. I am 5 months into fissure ville Image and suffer with the usual bm problems, spasms etc

Hey there, if you've read my posts during my horrible post-op recovery and are now reading this then know that it's going to be worth having LIS, sure I suffered like a living hell every day but 12 months on I'm right where I want to be, you could be different, lots of other people have no pain right after the procedure, Dawn is a prime example of how LIS can cure in an instant, so please don't be deterred by my experience because I'm in the very small minority of slow healers, you've suffered for 5 months with a fissure, I had mine for over 2 years before I realised what to do, chances are you could even heal without surgery, don't give up trying.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby PaulsPain » 08 Aug 2011, 18:47

Hi Steve-
I am happy to read that you have reached a healed state. Image
Take care.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Dave » 09 Aug 2011, 02:08

Thanks Steve, Im going to hang in there - it reached a stage where I had to go on antideps and luckily its working for me now. I'm ready for the next six months and hopefully everything will work out fine. Im not considering any drastic measures before that. Even ran a 10km race this morning (first time this year) without having to take pain killers etc. So I'm more positive that I will overcome this - even if we and the doctors think that not much more can be done, I still believe in God's miracles and for that I pray every day...I will definitely try the Fybogel as well - at the moment Im only on a probiotic that I drink at night and then at least 1.5l of water per day. But I still have at least twice a week a second stool. Thanks for all the support - this site is amazing!!
Dave
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby of all the places to hurt » 09 Aug 2011, 04:20

I would like to re-iterate what Dave has said too! It's so nice and really decent of you folk that have healed and still come on the forum to support the rest of us! Image
I for one feel blessed that this site exists with all you caring folk from all around the world.
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby StevePain » 09 Aug 2011, 12:38

PaulsPain wrote:Hi Steve-
I am happy to read that you have reached a healed state. Image
Take care.

Thanks Paul, you're comments are really appreciated. Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 09 Aug 2011, 15:14

Steve,
I'm glad to read that you are feeling better!!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46