PIZZA!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

PIZZA!

Postby adam » 02 Aug 2011, 21:58

*WARNING: to those who have just started experiencing broken glass-like stool passing, this will not cure that, in my honest opinion, even eating just soup broth with boiled soft veggies won't take away the pain yet, only time, and most likely surgery will, sorry :(
Anything whole wheat is good for our stools. Flax helps our stools. Dairy (cheese), as long as it doesn't give you diarrhea or gas should be fine. And ofcourse veggies are always good. Meats in my opinion are okay as long as there's not TOO much of it, not fried, and is counter-acted with more whole wheat/flax/veggies in the serving.
PIZZA RECIPE:
makes aproximately 1 large pizza, or 3 small pizzas
Ingredients:
- **whole wheat** dough from bakery/supermarket
- flax
- corn meal
- *whole wheat* flour
- olive oil that has a "product of Italy" somewhere on the bottle
- any pasta sauce left overs or pizza sauce from grocery store
- 3 cheese shredded cheese from supermarket (cheddar/mozzarella/ any other cheese)
- mozzarella shredded cheese
- any meat of your choice. It could be fish, shrimp, chicken, pepperoni (not too much though)
- any veggies will do but green peppers, mushrooms are the best tasting and most beneficial to the stool quality. Onions can be good too.
PREPARATION:
1. Clean and dry your counter or kitchen table well (whereever you have space to roll out the dough). (5 mins)
2. Sprinkle whole wheat flour all over your working space. (2 mins)
3. Take dough out of the fridge, and get the flax seeds, and mix as much flax seed in the whole wheat dough that it can hold (3 mins)
4. Place the whole wheat dough ontop of the whole wheat flour covered working space, and flatten as much as you can with you palms/knuckles. (5 mins)
5. Sprinkle more flour ontop of the dough (30 sec.)
6. Get your rolling pin, sprinkle flour on that, and begin to roll it on the dough, flattening it, adding more and more whole wheat flour so it won't stick to the pin. Roll in every direction, flipping over the dough a few times, so that the whole wheat dough is approximately 1/2 a centimetre thick from off the working space. (10 mins)
7. Get the pan that you will put in the oven, put tin foil over it, and sprinkle one layer of cornmeal over it, so that the cornmeal covers the whole tinfoil on the pan. (2 min)
8. Place the whole wheat dough on the pan carefully so it doesn't rip. (30 sec.)
9. Get a tablespoon and use as many spoonfuls as you need of the olive oil to drag and colour in the outside of the dough (the crust) (2 mins)
10. Use the same spoon to spread the sauce all over the whole wheat dough between the crust so that you can no longer see the dough through the sauce. (3 mins)
11. Get the shredded 3 cheese and sprinkle all over the sauced area until you can barely see the sauce anymore (2 mins)
12. Start piling on your veggies and meat, the more veggies the better (3 minutes)
13. Get the mozzarella cheese and srpinkle over the toppings so that any sauce is no longer visible (1 min)
14. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Farenheit. (2 mins)
15. Insert the pan into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, you will know it is cooked when you touch the crust and it feels a little crunchy.
16. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes, while cutting into slices.
17. Pour a big glass of water and drink with every couple bites or so of the pizza slice.
I like to heat up left over pasta sauce to dip the pizza in, or I also dip it in ketchup. DO NOT DIP IN HOT SAUCE or SPICY SAUCE.
Yes, regular dough does taste better, but in our circumstances this is the best we can get. I personally enjoy this pizza more than any other pizza (except Pizza Hut), and will always make this pizza from now on instead, especially considering there's hardly a downfall to the nutritional value compared to regular pizza. It doesn't get you fat! The beauty of whole wheat!
If you can't have dairy, you do the same recipe without. Instead of the cheese, I would lightly cover the whole dough with olive oil, and sprinkle salt over it, with the same veggie ingredients, and dry oregano. Put in the oven at 400 degrees Farenheit for 20 minutes, and slice and then enjoy dipping it in pasta sauce or ketchup if you prefer.
If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
WHOLE
adam
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: PIZZA!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 03 Aug 2011, 08:01

Awesome recipe, Adam! thank you so much! :D

The great thing about it is that it can be modified for different needs - no cheese, as you suggest, or even just make it a vegetarian pizza. This will also help me intergrate more food back into my diet. One doctor put me on a pretty strict elimination diet at one point when I was having digestive problems and I have been trying to reintroduce more food into my system to help me gain back the weight I lost. This recipe will really help me with that. Thank you!
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 03 Aug 2011, 11:42

I like your WARNING Adam. That's hilarious Image

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 03 Aug 2011, 14:05

Nice, thanks Adam! By the way you don't have one for fissure-friendly beer do you Image And I agree, I LOVE Pizza Hut haha!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby kristiblue » 15 Aug 2011, 10:48

Pizza is my fave food! I've already begun to convince myself of never having again...:( I may try this recipe,eventually but bread and crust arent in my diet any longer,and i adore BOTH! Over cakes n cookies anyday.
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby ouchtear » 15 Aug 2011, 16:57

sorry but Whole wheat is what was killing me...
and may be slowly killing millions and causing them malabsorbtion problems which lead to 300 other ailments.
With me personally I believe my Gluten Intolerance started the constipation by robbing my body of nutrients such as Magnesium which is essential for pooping. Which ulitmately led to my fissure which led to ani spasms.
I am now gluten free and it has saved my life..
I have no gas, no constipation and no spasms..
and I don't take any laxatives..
I take a multivitamin and one 250mg magnesium pill.
So I'll pass on any Glutenized Pizza.
5 years of Fissure and spasms gone in two weeks after going Gluten Free..
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements