Hi Guys My names Dustin and I am 16

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi Guys My names Dustin and I am 16

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 16 Aug 2011, 18:24

Well my name is Dustin. I am 16. I live in Indiana. I was having a lot of pain in my butt, and I was also finding it hard to go #2. After awhile I had blood. That's when I decided it was time to speak up. I went to the DR. and my family swore it was hemorides. The DR took one look and said it was a pretty bad Anal fissure. He skipped the first therapy step they use and perscribed me the Nitro. cream. I usesd it and it just wouldn't heal. Finally a month or two later we see him again. I tell tell him how I think it is getting worse and how the blood is a lot more redder. He took a look and told me to get dressed and he would be back. Then he told me that we were having surgery, so I am having surgery this Friday at 8:00am. That's in two days. And I am sooooo very scared and worried. I am also Curious. I would love to have conversations with anyone. Please just help me to find some comfort before Friday!! Thanks guys!! Image :( Image Image Image
Firstsurgeryat16:(
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Hi Guys My names Dustin and I am 16

Postby gizmodo » 16 Aug 2011, 18:53

Dustin, I am so sorry you're going through this, especially at your age. I'm a lot older than you and had a very major surgery this past March for cervical cancer. My stomach was cut open from belly button to groin. I am a big baby when it comes to doctors, exams and less invasive procedures. But when you have cancer you just want it out and lucky for me it was Stage 1 which allowed me to have the surgery.
Although I don't look forward to another surgery, especially in the same year, if I can't heal this on my own I cannot handle how it's taking over my life. I was more depressed last night because of this than I remember being after my cancer diagnosis.
Anyway, if I can get through major surgery being such a big baby, you should be able to handle this. Based on what I've read here it isn't too bad. Best of luck and let us know how things go.
gizmodo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby val » 17 Aug 2011, 01:22

Oh Dustin, how awful for you to have to go through this at your age.
Don't worry too much about the surgery - afterwards you will be well on your way to healing.
Ask your parents to get you some stool softeners TODAY if you haven't got them already. It is very very important to have soft poos after surgery. Miralax/movicol seems to be the best.
Afterwards you wont be able to wipe after a no.2, use a showerspray to get clean, then dab it dry.
Stay on top of the pain with the painkillers, but be aware that they, and the stuff they give you in theatre, are constipating. So that's why its important to take the stool softeners.
Stay hydrated and drink plenty.
And RELAX!! It's not pleasant, but you CAN get through it. And at least they are doing your surgery quickly - you don't have to wait ages like some do.
We'll be here for you to answer any questions before, and after your surgery.
Best of luck.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 17 Aug 2011, 04:24

Dear Dustin,
I had my Anal Dilation surgery done on last Tuesday. After the surgery the only question i asked my self was that why i had not done it earlier. Believe the earlier you get it done the earlier will be the recovery and after a week i am completely normal.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Aug 2011, 06:57

Don't Worry Dustin Image
Keep reading around this forum and you will feel better!
All will be fine you will see
Don't forget to keep us all informed as your post will help others too!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby alpinestrawberry » 17 Aug 2011, 09:31

Hey Dustin!
I'm originally from Indiana too. It breaks my heart that you're having to deal with this at 16--yuck. But I'm so glad you found the forum.
The surgery is the right thing to do if things just aren't improving. Don't worry! As long as your doctor has performed a lot of these, with little/no complications, things are going to be fine and you'll be so glad you did it. The day of surgery for me wasn't a lot of fun, of course. I was very nervous and I hated having to be in that situation, but it really needed to be reckoned with. If you feel nervous, you can ask for drugs to relax you and the next thing you know--it's over.
It was so worth it for me. It's been almost five months now since my day of reckoning, and despite some ups and downs, things are looking up now.
Best wishes for a quick recovery!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Ink184 » 18 Aug 2011, 08:15

Hey Dustin sorry you have to handle this at such a young age, no one deserves to suffer the pain Anal Fissures cause, just yesterday i was biting on a towel and shaking from the pain just praying and wailing that it would go away.
Mind you i am a 27 years old male. So you are not alone buddy, you can do it. And luckily you are having your surgery soon, hopefully you want have to go through a lot, and a lot of the members on this forum said that surgery is less painful than the original pain caused by an AF.
Oh i am having my surgery on Saturday as well! So we will be back here together to tell the forum about our recovery! I am nervous about it, and i am sure you are. I had another hernia surgery last month and i was very nervous as well if not scared. The moment anesthesia kicks in you wont remember anything so don't worry about the surgery it will be quick and you won't realize it until you wake up.
Best of luck on your surgery, get well soon and keep us informed young man!
Ink184
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7