Jello is my friend

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Jello is my friend

Postby kristiblue » 12 Aug 2011, 08:16

Thanks guys. This is a great site. We are all in a same boat. I dont feel so alone. :D We bought a juicer yesterday and really stocked up on veggies.Today I will be looking up recipes. It seems to me a good way to keep things soft and moving. That Miralax is awesome. I may use it forever! Baby food as it turns out is loaded w carbs. I dont do carbs.Well only about 20 a day that is.
Last night I had steamed chicken breast really really tender.W steamed brocoli and cauliflower.I grilled my BF 2 mondo cheeseburgers on the grill and he had chips on the side while i ate my mush. :)) My morning BM was very tolerable.And quite soft.Not quite diarhea but borderline.Very minimal blood.Compared to yesterday. The nitro kills the spasms.The headaches from it not so intense. Doing my daily warm soak and massaging the area like that space between your butt and female parts . Seems so hard and tense there. Hoping this will stimulate the blood flow. Wow the things u can say on here...ghheezz Image
kristiblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2011, 10:00

Oh yeah, I wouldn't want anyone who hasn't had a fissure to see the things we talk about on here :oops:
Miralax is awesome! Image

Postby gizmodo » 16 Aug 2011, 19:09

I started eating baby food because I wasn't supposed to eat raw fruits or veggies while I was having radiation (after a radical hysterectomy) for cervical cancer. I have always liked baby food and am not on a low-carb diet.
Prior to radiation I was juicing and mostly vegetarian, eating meat maybe once a month. During radiation my eating changed a lot and I was eating more meat and I was nauseous so could only handle certain things. I believe the change in eating and some other things caused my AF during radiation. I had about 4 bouts of burning diarrhea along with rock hard constipation.
So now I'm trying to eat soft and although I'm introducing raw fruits and veggies back into my diet, I still like the baby food. At first I was so afraid to eat and I've lost weight since my surgery and healthy eating, but I do have an appetite and am just trying to watch what I eat now to keep things soft.
gizmodo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1