Ring of Fire!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ring of Fire!

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2011, 20:59

TamingTheDragon wrote:Hi Dawn. Yes tried BM again today but still bunged up from cocodimol. Passed a rabbit poo but felt like I'd just given birth to a baby elephant ha ha. Passing wind was very easy...just was taken by surprise that more than wind appeared... Had hoped this wasn't going to happen... But assume this will improve with time.
Potentially more anal / rectal surgery on cards but to be confirmed. Good news is that recent colonoscopy (another fun afternoon's entertainment) has ruled out bowel cancer :-)

We had another boardie who had more than wind slip out post-op. Good news is he's not incontinent!!
Hopefully you won't have to go through any more surgery. I imagine all the trauma from LIS wouldn't help any in that area if there's already some other troubles going on.
The rabbit poo's can be quite uncomfortable post surgery. I and a few others have had the same issue after surgery. I found Miralax/ Movicol and cranking up the food intake solved that problem....
Great news about the colonoscopy!

Re: Ring of Fire!

Postby val » 19 Aug 2011, 03:05

Hi there,
I'm from Essex too!
Its great you've got the LIS over with, it sure kicks those spasms into touch!
Hope you feel better soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86