Itching and spasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itching and spasms

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Aug 2011, 09:18

Hi guys,
Have any of you experienced itching aroung o?? Its so bad it is waking me up! I can't even bear to put the cream on as I am so swollen and sore still, due to another bout of bad pain at bm. I have got the dreaded spasms back and I am so fed up today. I also have a stabbing pain in my R pelvic area!! I have been for a scan earlier and guess what they said : "your ovaries are normal!" No shiv sherlock It's my bowels & O that are not!!! If I was a horse they would shoot me!! Any suggestions to get rid of this insane itch? And, do I discontinue Dilitazpam cream??? Any, suggestions would be so much appreciated :(
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Re: Itching and spasms

Postby val » 24 Aug 2011, 09:21

Diltiazem gave me an out of this world crazy itch. Try discontinuing it and see if that helps. Trouble is though, with no relaxing cream, the spasms will set in again. Have you got any nitro left, or didn't that work very well?
The stabbing pain is probably spasms too. They tighten up the whole area.
Great news your scan is normal though!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2011, 09:28

Same here Andrea. The diltiazem gave me an itch too. Image
I tried to limit my use at the end before my surgery and just use it before a bm. I remember taking breaks for a few days then using it again. It's horrible just trying to survive with a fissure...
I remember shooting the hand held shower wand full force on the area and letting it air or blow dry(on cool) and keeping the moisture out helped some Image

Postby Sue27uk » 24 Aug 2011, 14:17

I'm glad the scan was clear Andrea! My bladder scan was also clear and she looked at my ovaries too, so I definitely know it's my bowels and area. I have had bad itching and soreness from my cream too (rectogesic), seems to come for a week then go. I have found TCP cream good, although it will burn like hell i do warn you. Just a few applications and it calms it, then just normal washing and drying. I have also found that using the babywipes caused me itching, so now after wiping with wipes i dab tissue on to take off the excess moisture. This has helped alot!! I hope this helps, may not work for you :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 24 Aug 2011, 15:21

have u tried to get the cream only inside the anus rather than rubbing it around the whole area, if that makes any sense.
when i rub too much around the whole area i get an itch, but if i manage to just get it up inside its not as bad
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Aug 2011, 18:20

Thank you all so much guys for your help xxx
Val, I tried nitro and am a wuss so couldn't stand the headaches :-0
Dawn, Yes! I am definately on a break with cream ;-)
Sue, will try TCP as sick of cream being in the fridge as well! am getting lazy in my old age!!
Andy, I wish I could put cream upwards, not a chance though, I am so so sore I couldn't if I tried! But again, thank you all so so much!! Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14