Unfortunate new member

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Unfortunate new member

Postby laurana1502 » 25 Aug 2011, 11:25

Hi!!
Yes I am taking Milk of Magnesia and that seems to be enough for me Image
I just got back from my CRS and he told me that I am healing great, and everything looks good. This was my first post-op appointment :)) so hooray! Next one in two weeks :)
Thank you all for helping me!
laurana1502
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby val » 25 Aug 2011, 13:34

That's great news that everything looks fine!
Stay with whatever regime is helping, and you'll be well on your way to a normal butt!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby laurana1502 » 26 Aug 2011, 05:11

Hello everybody,
I still have questions.. :)
I think after my procedure as I developed bad diarrhea, I
really irritated anal area. My CRS told me yesterday that I have skin tag but that won't interfere with my healing...
It is a size of a pea and very very sore... Will it go away sooner or later? Will the inflammation of the skin tag decrease by time? Any suggestions?
I didn't have any problem with skin tags since my fissure developed in February this year, and abscess and fistula, and afterwards wearing a seton for 2 months - no irritation of any kind.
But now after procedure (fistulotomy) and bad diarrhea one day after, this little pea has developed and it is sore :(
Help! Suggestions?
Thank you!!! :)
laurana1502
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2011, 07:22

Hi Laurana,
I sometimes think the trauma of surgery down there can cause things to get a little irritated and vulnerable to skin tags.
There have been a few folks on here who said they would swell when they had too many bm's and then go down.
I had one removed with my LIS and at about 8 weeks post-op had what looked like another skin tag in the same area. It was after about 4 bm's in one day. It went away and I'm now 10 months post-op and haven't really had any issues since.
It's hard to say if it can become a bigger problem or just go away as I have seen it go both ways with many.
That area will become less vulnerable as time passes. I would keep up the baths and give it some time. Normal bm's will be the key to healing quicker.

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2011, 07:25

ps... Miralax/Movicol has gave many of us really good results. You can adjust the dose to what works best for you.