Herpes and fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Herpes and fissures

Postby Guest » 07 Sep 2007, 22:29

Does anyone here suffer from genitile herpes? I have had herpes since about 11 years ago. When I got it early on, it was rough. But later on, it tends to come back less frequently and the out breaks are not that bad. But that caused me to not go out of my way, and get my medication and try to control the out breaks. I just had a recent out break and I believe that since I took the medication for it, it is making my fissure heal. The fissure started last October and I really think there is a connection there. Based on my research on herpes, the darn thin can end up in your rectom as well as your Genitiles. That can easily lead to a fissure. And since the area is so nerve oriented and herpes attacks the nervs, I think it can cause it to stick around and prevent the healing of a fissure, even if you drink a ton of water and eat lots of fiber like I have been. I have never seen such improvement since I first had my first fissure symptoms back in October of 2006............
I thought I share this with anyone who may have had herpes and suffers from a fissure.
I will report back when I am conviced that I'm fully healed. I am not there yet, but seems like I am closer than ever.

Re: Herpes and fissures

Postby Guest » 08 Sep 2007, 09:54

Thanks so much for posting that! I bet there a readers out there who will benefit from this so I appreciate your letting us know. I sure hope it keeps helping you and I am glad you are doing better.
Thanks again!

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2007, 04:36

Hello, I too had herpes about 30 yrs ago, am now 49, and have had several re-occurences over the years, once you catch it you are stuck with it for life.
My doc has me on a daily dosage of 400mg of Zovirax, I have been taking these for the last 6 yrs to prevent further attacks, with only one very minor outbreak in all that time.
What dosage were you on for your outbreak this time? Would be interested to know if it helped heal your fissure as I am also a fissure sufferer, and maybe upping my dosage would help as ttis could well be the cause of it, who knows ?

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2007, 22:38

My doc has given me Zovirax also, but only to take when I have the out breaks. I take 5 a day, for 7 days. Each pill is 200MG. However, I was not always taking them. Since the out breaks were far and few in between, I got lazy and just let it take it's course. But I really think it contributed to my AF's existance...
Try a few days of my dosage and see how it goes. I also use Palmer's cream to keep the area hyderated, and have a super high fiber diet, and lots of water.
Good luck and let me know if that makes things better for you.

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2007, 11:35

Good luck! I hope you feel better