Miralax

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Miralax

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2011, 18:01

http://www.medicinenet.com/polyethylene_glycol_peg_3350-oral/article.htm
Extended use or overuse may result in dependence on laxatives and chronic constipation. Overuse may cause diarrhea, excess loss of body water (dehydration), and mineral imbalance (e.g., low sodium).
I've used Miralax for nearly a year and this really makes me nervous, but I thought I would share...

Re: Miralax

Postby of all the places to hurt » 31 Aug 2011, 18:53

Your right to share! Gonna investigate too as it worries me already. On other hand, what other help are we getting? Our condition is not by no means recognised as much as it should be as the majority have found out! That is not our (the sufferers fault.) Not preaching to the converted, just bloody hoping that some one (DR or Prof or whoever??) will have empathy for us. Some of us, it has lost us our jobs, and had a major affect on daily living. As for being a mom, although this might sound amusing, my kids thought I was giving birth having a bm. I have never cried out in pain EVER!! This speaks a mom of 4 Kids and raising them on my own. It takes a blinkin lot to rattle me and this had more than done so! Anyone out there to help us to help the newbies that arise day after day all around the world?????????? I pray for an answer....
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Guest » 31 Aug 2011, 20:55

I'm praying with ya girl! It makes me sad, Andrea that we had to chose something to help us live with a fissure or recover from the surgery that could cause problems in the long run. I hope that I am able to stop it completely one day. I'm just not ready to take the risk and not take it all right now... I will just have to experiment when the times comes and do it very slowly. I'm thinking I may start a fiber supplement when I stop the Miralax... We'll see!

Postby of all the places to hurt » 31 Aug 2011, 21:32

No, we have taken more than enough risks. Fibre bulks poop up hence bigger! Now it is time for us to rule our Butt and not the other way around! I hate drinking stool softners Miralax/Movicol but, I more than love the outcome and positive affect on my life!!!! If it is forever? SO BE IT!! I AINT GOING BACK TO CRYING IN EXTREME AGONY EVERYDAY.....NO WAY" HOSAYY" LOL not for anything or anyone, this / that was tooo much to bear every single day .....................sigh forever! ( in blue jeans yeah ;-) I just reminded myself of neil diamond then ha ha ha love him!!!! Blew him a kiss last year in mcr hee hee ....GO Jazz Singer .........go sore arse too....u ....................................... Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 02 Sep 2011, 10:02

My CRS said it shouldn't be taken long term as it can cause kidney problems if you don't drink enough. But I don't know what is considered long term Image and what's the alternative?? More fissures?? What a freakin' choice!!! Kidney damage or a sore ass!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86