Balneol to soothe when pooping

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Balneol to soothe when pooping

Postby kellster » 07 Sep 2011, 21:43

Hi everyone,
I'm still suffering from my AF, but I found using Balneol on the TP while wiping is a LIFE SAVER! It surprisingly doesn't sting and it allows for a nice smooth wipe. It does not, however, help heal or help itch, but it does make wiping bearable. Just a tip I've learned. It's expensive but totally worth it and you only need a little. Hope this helps someone! Anyone else have any other soothing tips? I've tried sits baths, blow drying, aloe, all the creams, gels, oils, and they have all irritated, made worse, made more itchy, made red, and overall just made my ass hurt worse.
kellster

Topics: 3

Re: Balneol to soothe when pooping

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2011, 11:07

What I finally discovered after many months of agony was Walgreens brand extra-strength hydrocortisone with aloe. I also use Balneol for cleaning, and when done use the hydrocortisone. Nothing had helped until I finally discovered that wonder cream.

Re: Balneol to soothe when pooping

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2011, 08:51

Kellster- I wouldn't use anything with hydrocortisone . As we've discussed a million times in this forum, it can thin the skin after prolong use(over 2 weeks) which is something you definitely don't want to do with or without a fissure.