Best way to apply diltiazem?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Best way to apply diltiazem?

Postby lurker53 » 15 Sep 2011, 19:08

Anyone have any suggestions? I started using it again and it helps but after a week or so the skin down there becomes raw and bloody likely due to the constant moisture of the diltiazem. Am I using too much? I use the finger cots included and my index finger and I pretty much cover the top of my index finger, insert and then rub around the area. Is it needed more inside the anus or actually on the fissures? Help?
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Best way to apply diltiazem?

Postby lurker53 » 16 Sep 2011, 08:42

I just read somewhere that diltiazem should not be inserted in the anus only around it? I have been actually putting my finger in the hole, am I traumatizing my fissures three times a day doing so? Please help, I want to apply correctly.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Postby val » 16 Sep 2011, 13:49

I only ever put it on the outside as I was far too squeamish to put anything inside.......it did work!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2011, 14:23

I only put it on the outside too.

Postby cherylk » 16 Sep 2011, 17:15

I used an applicator that came with a hemroid treatment. The CRS told me to get it upwards internally at least 1 cm, and that is what I always did. I put nothing on the outside because it makes sense that it needs to be internal to get next to the fissure.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby lurker53 » 16 Sep 2011, 22:36

I think any application around the anus is now giving me a bad reaction, raw and sensitive skin, blood on tissue when wiping even without a bm, etc. I think I have to give up the diltiazem, ugh.
lurker53
Salt Bather

Postby of all the places to hurt » 17 Sep 2011, 04:22

Hi Lurker53,
I wud like to add my side. I used dilt cream for 5 months (until the itch started!) I have had 2 fissures for 6 months. I control my bm's with vaseline gently applied on toilet paper around the o and find this brilliant for easing out poop! Also, movicol/miralax is the main reason why my fissures are now lying dormant! I don't believe fissures heal without surgery. But, I know mine are "under control" Afterall, it only takes one big poop to re-tear doesn't it! P.S I never inserted anything up my o ouch!! 1. It was way too painful and 2. If we were meant to put anything up there, then our o would be more accessible. 3. Yuk! Disgusting Give diltiazem another go, as using the nitro gives you dreadful headaches and u really don't need that on top of everything else Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14