Fish Oil, Fisol.....

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Fish Oil, Fisol.....

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 14:13

Hello,
Does anyone know if fish oil is a blood thinner? I take Fisol and someone told me that today. Before my surgery they had me stop taking it. Just wondering.
Thanks Patty

Re: Fish Oil, Fisol.....

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 14:39

On my fish oil package it says it is a blood thinner. They made me stop fish oil and flax seed oil before surgery as well

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 15:45

I did not know this about fish oil. Is flax seed oil a blood thinner too? I probably don't need to take both do I? I take flax seed in the morning and fish oil at night. What do you guys think?
Patty

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 16:03

I take both. Are you worried about thinning your blood?
Both are very healthy and I don't see any reason to stop now if it is working for you. I will probably be on these for life for other health benefits-good for your heart, hormones, depression, skin, inflammation to name just a few!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Aug 2007, 16:20

Yes, I'm with Lecia. I will always take 'em, just for their anti-inflammatory effects, if for nothing else...
But if they interfered with my meds or surgery, then I'd have to stop, I guess. Are they contra-indicated with Fisol?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2007, 16:51

Hello Kim,
I am not sure if they contradict or not. Maybe I will give my doctor a call this week. I will keep using them cause they are helping. But I will still ask. Thanks..
Patty

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2007, 15:50

Hi,
I take two fish oil caps in the morning with a glass of water, and two at night with my multi vitamines. I also have a cup of milk in the moring with a cup of Flax Seed grounds... then I have my 10 to 12 grams per serving of fiber in my cereal, with added fiber from a 1/3 cup of crushed oats...... Water is a huge essential too if you have this much fiber in your diet. We tend to also eat lots of high fiber beans, high fiber breads, high fiber tortillas and prunes! Wow.. I'm starting to sound like a ticking bomb!! :0
I also have Aloe Juice at night..........
Seem to work for me.........