skin tag - is bleeding normal?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

skin tag - is bleeding normal?

Postby hothead » 07 Oct 2011, 16:18

So, I'm about a month into fissure hell - still pretty new to this. Finally saw a CRS yesterday, and she told me that what the other doc's had said was a hemmerhoid was actually a sentinel skin tag. It's painful sometimes, especially at the base, but no way am I having it removed now - no more butt cuts!
However, I'm pretty sure it was bleeding this morning during my BM. When the fissure has bled, there's a streak of red on my stool. This time, there was blood in the water, more diffuse, and more blood than most of the times with the fissure. Also, my fissure hurt a little less this morning, so why would it be bleeding when it hasn't in about 5 or 6 days?
So just wondering - is it normal for skin tags to bleed?
Thanks folks! <3
hothead
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: skin tag - is bleeding normal?

Postby jenny2 » 07 Oct 2011, 16:55

i have the same problem with a skin tag that hurts and bleeds sometimes and i dont know why. the crs talked about removing the skin tag at a later date but she wants me to get my diarrhea and things under control first. she really didnt give me anything for the problem with the skin tag and i dont know what to suggest to you. i would love to have it taken off because this gives me so much trouble but i have heard and read on here that the surgery for the skin tag can be bad.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: skin tag - is bleeding normal?

Postby hothead » 07 Oct 2011, 17:07

Yeah... mine definitely has me walking like a little old man sometimes, but one cut in my ass is more than enough! The idea of intentionally getting another is not so appealing. Maybe after the fissure heals- I dunno. I am quite self conscious about the tag re: sex...
hothead
Salt Bather

Topics: 7