Buttocks swelling??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Buttocks swelling??

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2007, 10:12

Ok,
I'm having an issue finding a decent seat to sit in. I could swear that the top half of my buttocks are alittle swelled and making it more difficult to get comfortable. Does anyone else experience this swelling sensation?
Thanks!

Re: Buttocks swelling??

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2007, 10:20

I have a very tender backside and sitting is an issue with me too. I don't have a swelling sensation like you do though. I wonder if this could be related to your back problems. I wonder if your pelvis is off kilter and pressing on a nerve that is giving you weird sensations.

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2007, 12:09

I've been to a few neurologists that don't feel like I have a nerve issue there, but I initially was thinking the same thing. I'm lucky enough to have one of two feelings when I sit: 1) the top half of my buttocks feels likes it swelled or 2) I'm sitting on my tailbone. This whole episode has resulted in my losing 50 pounds, so I keep wondering if that is part of it.
Thanks for the suggestion Lecia!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Sep 2007, 12:16

Are you getting surgery soon, Chris?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2007, 12:42

My CRS recommended a colonoscopy first. After that we are going to seriously discuss surgery. I don't seem to have a tight sphincter, but I know that I'm having problems passing normal sized BM's unless they are exceptionally soft. I was trying to rehab a strained abdominal muscle first, but things just aren't going well that way, so it's time to prioritize the AF instead.
What really complicates things is 2 weeks ago I had to go to the ER due to an allergic reaction to which I have no clue what caused it. This REALLY messed up my GI track because it was something I ate and at first, when it became difficult to swallow, I tried to bring it up...but there was nothing to bring up. I feel like I really hurt my GI track with that stunt and haven't felt the same since. So know that I need an endoscopy, I just decided that I'm going to get the colonoscopy done at the same time. Plus is makes me feel better that my CRS is doing it and not a Gastro dr.

Postby buttgirl » 26 Sep 2007, 13:17

Maybe once they take care of the allergy, your fissure will heal. I often wonder if these wounds aren't aggravated by something we don't even know we're allergic to.

Have you tried taking benadryl or something similar?

Here's to hoping.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2007, 08:48

I did take benadryl for about 10 days (Dr recommendation) and it really ended up doing a number on me. It caused me to go 2-3 times a day (diarrhea) and then constipation when I stopped using it.
I starting to think I have some type of infection down there because of the anal fissure. I have an appointment tomorrow, so I hope to have more answers by then.
Thanks everyone!

Postby buttgirl » 27 Sep 2007, 09:35

I wonder what is going on with that, benadryl and fissure. What about Claratin?

Sorry to hear about the infection. If you suspected it, my only advice is to make your drs listen. Mine refused and I got an asbcess.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2007, 12:02

I do that BG,
Since you've gone through it, what is your advice on making the DR listen?
Thanks!

Postby buttgirl » 27 Sep 2007, 12:48

Find one who will listen. In my experience, if they're not listening right off, they're not going to.

The two who were supposed to be treating me last year I saw time and time again. I came in with lists of questions and lists of suggestions. One kept saying it was nothing and sent me to see the other, and the other kept saying its nothing, just a sentinel pile. Then the puss exploded and they said "oh, you have an infection."

I finally found a CRS who listens to me 6 mos after the surgery, which was 8 mos after the abscess erupted and 15 mos after I felt like I had an infection.
buttgirl
King Fissure