Why add MoM?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Why add MoM?

Postby Jojo1 » 27 Oct 2011, 00:36

I see where some are adding a partial or full dose nightly in addition to miralx and wondered why, what is the benefit of adding?
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Re: Why add MoM?

Postby Sue1962 » 27 Oct 2011, 16:14

I don't take the Miralax as of yet...trying to let things heal. I am using 2 TBSP of MOM every night and it is working. I want to get on the miralax but I am afraid to switch as I have read many times it takes up to 3 days to work. I am too scared to wait for a 3 day BM, especially now that things are healing a bit. The only thing is I have 2-3 BM in the morning. I wish it was just one!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby StevePain » 29 Oct 2011, 01:15

Sue1962 wrote:The only thing is I have 2-3 BM in the morning. I wish it was just one!!!

Me too, and it's finding that single turd, the only thing that makes me go less is a fibre supplement, Movicol is an overkill for me, my arse is like a turd production line kicking them out one after another Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Jojo1 » 29 Oct 2011, 03:01

Sue, I trnsitioned to miralax from colace by the followong:
- Add dose in am with my first colace dose. Kept rest the same.
- Next day, miralax and colace am dose, stop midday colace, add miralax dose to evening colace.
- Day three, miralax/colace am dose and miralax only evening dose.
After a couple more days I cut the morning colace dose so I was just doing miralax morning and bedtime. Right now, playing around with timing of doses for more regularity. My normal pooptime is early morning follwed by hours of agony. I depend on the second half of the day being pain free enough to function normally so it really destroys me if an afternoon bm ocvurs. Id like to get it where it's one good, complete elimination overnight so the first hours of psin and inflammation are done by the time I get up for yhe morning. Usually after a few minutes am relatively painfree when lying on my side.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34