Had 2nd Fistulotomy Tuesday 10-25

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had 2nd Fistulotomy Tuesday 10-25

Postby fissurepaingy » 30 Oct 2011, 12:08

So back on 8-11 I had my fissurectomy/LIS/fistulotomy surgery. Got a checkup 6 weeks later and the CRS said the fistulotomy wasn't healing properly, it was healing from the outside-in rather than the inside-out. He said it was most likely due to where my fisutla was, right on the midline. So he recommended a little touch-up/maintenance surgery for the fistula which I had this past Tuesday 10-25. Doing well right now, still seeing some blood, after my BM this morning I saw blood and on the wet wipe, and a terrible itch afterwards! Took a sitz bath and it seems to have calmed it down. Back to work tomorrow, I think I'll be ok. I'm not in any pain. I just hope this is THE last surgery!
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: Had 2nd Fistulotomy Tuesday 10-25

Postby Guest » 30 Oct 2011, 12:12

Hey FP,
Good that you're not in any real pain! From Hope, Summer and Adam's fistulotomy experience- your recovery sounds pretty similar... Here's hoping your butt stays healed forever and no more surgery!!