misery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

misery

Postby katetornado » 29 Oct 2011, 16:34

my fissure came while on vacation 5 years ago. pain lasting so long but then went away. now it is back. i am a cook in restraunt and cant do my job without spasms all day and night. trying to read this blog so that i know what to do. doctor gave suggestions on over the counter creme. i think i have fissure.
katetornado
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: misery

Postby dwarfs8 » 29 Oct 2011, 17:13

Hi Kate, it's best to visit a CRS for the right diagnosis. Many of us here were misdiagnoised by gps and got the wrong treatments. If urs is fissure, diet to keep stools soft and ointments are very impt. If it's hemorrhoid, diet is the same but ointment used is different.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 29 Oct 2011, 21:51

Hi Kate,
I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain with the spasms. They are horrible Image
Unfortunately there's really no good over the counter ointments for fissures that will help with spasms. Only a doctor can write a prescription for one of the fissure ointments- Nifedipine, Diltiazem and Nitro are frequently prescribed for fissures . I agree with Dwarfs8, it's a good idea to see a CRS and get a proper diagnosis and care. They have more knowledge about treating your fissure than a GP.

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Oct 2011, 01:27

misery, i can't imagine u have to stand there and cook while feeling all the pain in the ass! I can't even walk, stand or sit when i was having my worse spasms for a week when i first got my fissure!
If ur fissure can calm down for 5 yrs, and if indeed it's a fissure, i believe it can still calm down again. Unlike some, i do believe that chronic fissure can still be healed by conventional means, though slim (backed by articles on internet and my personal experience). However, mine took 5 months to calm down, with diligence on my part. U may read up on the thread "my success story". But of cos, each individual's constitution and severity is different, so pls do take my example as just a reference.
hang on there, and get in to see a CRS ASAP!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby katetornado » 30 Oct 2011, 13:37

calling a doctor after shift monday for pain thankyou[i][b]
katetornado
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Sue1962 » 30 Oct 2011, 16:59

Hi Kate
Sorry for your pain!!! I had a similar experience. I got my fissure several years ago and it healed. Then 2 years ago right before a 10 day vacation in Vegas it returned. Worst vacation EVER!! It went away again. It came back last December and I think I may have had 2 or 3 good months. I have had it with the pain and where I live in MD there are no CRS's so I am traveling almost 2 hours for consultation and see what the Dr says. I would like to wait until after the holiday's to have surgery, but if he says sooner, then I am going to do it. I hope you feel better soon and get to the CRS!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36