Has anyone heard from Lurker??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Has anyone heard from Lurker??

Postby Sue1962 » 02 Nov 2011, 11:07

I was just wondering if anyone has heard from Lurker?? I know surgery was last week. Just wondering how it all went.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Has anyone heard from Lurker??

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2011, 11:25

Hey Sue,
Lurker has been pm-ing me some. They don't have electricity because of a snow storm.
I feel horrible for him because he hasn't been able to have any warm post-op baths. He's worried sick about getting an infection Image
Praying they get their electricity back on soon!!

Postby jenny2 » 02 Nov 2011, 15:37

I was wondering the same thing also, they had alot of snow out there and that really sucks without electricity and heat. when mine goes out i dont have any water either well runs off electricty. hope he gets it on soon...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby linda » 02 Nov 2011, 16:18

I have been emailing him too. We live in the same area. I just got my electric back today and they are saying maybe not till Friday for some. Recovery is hard enough without heat and hot water, never mind nothing to do all day.
linda
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Sue1962 » 04 Nov 2011, 12:05

OMG!!!! Hopefully, electric is on!!! I cannot imagine no water or electricity after surgery!!! He must live up north. Many of my friends in CT have been out of power also. Oh Lurker, whenever you get your power back update us. I am sorry you have to heal like this. Praying it has not been too bad!!! Thoughts are with you
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 04 Nov 2011, 14:27

I know Sue! I thought the same thing... How freaking awful to have to go through no warm baths after surgery!! He does live up North. I believe he said they are suppose to have electricity back by Saturday or Sunday. No home cooking either, all this hasn't made for ideal conditions while recovering. I told him he will have a story to tell when all this is over! Geez!!
He seems to be doing pretty good considering. I'm sure it could be a lot better and he will appreciate the prayers.

Postby Sue1962 » 05 Nov 2011, 11:10

Yes he will have a story to tell!! Hopefully, not too bad. Shoot, if he can do it with no power, home cooked food etc....I know I can do it with all the comforts...Just kinda anxious about it.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 20:03

did lurker get electricty back yet? tht is along time to be without power esp after his operation.. i really feel for him...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35