1 yr Post LIS update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

1 yr Post LIS update

Postby New mum » 07 Nov 2011, 20:54

Hi All and hope everyone is doing well as they can be. just thought i would come back and give a quick update since i am now 1 yr out of Lis.
Life is getting back to normal by no means am i the way i was before the fissure and still have weird feelings down there which i think is scar tissure from the cut since i had it straight after the Lis but the CRS thinks it was such a small cut it would not be that, but cant tell me what it is. It manly happens before a bm or when gas is coming down (i know TMI) which is why i think its scar tissure. I am going to had surgery in the new yr via my belly to see if something else is going on down there to do with child birth or endrometrosis.
At the moment i am just trying to get life back to normal. We would love another child but still a bit scared to go there since i got my fissure after the c-section.
If anyone ever wants to pm me feel free as i know how hard it is to get thru this.
how r u Dawn, NG, Steve, Alpine????
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: 1 yr Post LIS update

Postby Guest » 08 Nov 2011, 09:48

Hey Newmum,
Sorry to hear things aren't 100% for you! Ugh, I was hoping no news was good news!!
Steve and Alpine are still coming around. NG seems to have left for good?! He gave a pretty good 1 year post-op udate awhile back!
Good hearing from you :) Hope things get sorted out for you soon and become normal. Image

Postby alpinestrawberry » 14 Nov 2011, 07:43

Hey Newmum,
wish we all could be perfect! I'm sorry to hear that you'll have surgery again, but I hope it sorts it out for you. I'm still dealing with occasional tears, and I hate it. Steve is too.
Image Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby dwarfs8 » 14 Nov 2011, 18:58

Hi new mom, u mentioned u had the fissure after c section, so do u mean the c section caused it?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby New mum » 14 Nov 2011, 22:38

that sucks about the retearing alpine do you get any spasms when u retear now???
Dwarfs after the c-section i cant remember having any hard bms or cant remember the moment i teared but i think it was the whole hormones with birth and breastfeeding and i guess the pain killers as well i do know that the first day after the csection i had very acidie bms which were like liquid (sorry tmi) which could have done some damage but not straight away. so really i have no idea why it happened lol.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38