2nd Fistula Surgery 2 weeks ago - need some advice please...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2nd Fistula Surgery 2 weeks ago - need some advice please...

Postby fissurepaingy » 08 Nov 2011, 18:38

Ok, first a quick run down of my story... Had a fissure and fistula back in the summer time. Had a fissurectomy/LIS/fistulotomy on 8-25-11.... 6 weeks later I went for what was to be my final checkup, I advised the CRS that I was still experiencing some itching and discharge. He checked it out and said that the fistula wasn't healing properly; he demonstrated this by putting his hands together like a praying pose and said it's healing like this, then he opened up his hands in that same position and said, we want it to heal like this.
I had my 2nd fistula surgery on 10-25, what the CRS called a little "maintenance" on the previous fistula surgery, he said he would open it up a little more and pull it back so it can heal like it's supposed to. Exactly 2 weeks ago today I had the 2nd fistulotomy. The blood after wiping has gone away, but I'm still experiencing irritation, some discharge and itching.... is this normal 2 weeks out? Or should I be done with this by now? I'm just so scared of the possibility of the 2nd fistula surgery not taking. I have a checkup with the CRS on Monday 11-14. I'm just wondering if itching/discharge is still normal at 2 weeks out? I'm scared I'll have to go through this a third time....
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: 2nd Fistula Surgery 2 weeks ago - need some advice please...

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2011, 17:30

Hey FP,
You may want to take a look at Hopetoheal, Summergal,Val and Adams post. They all had fistulotmies.

Postby val » 10 Nov 2011, 14:15

Dont panic about another surgery just yet - mine is just the same, and my surgery was in june!! Maybe it just needs more time to heal.
Best of luck with your appointment, hope everything is normal and healing.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby fissurepaingy » 15 Nov 2011, 12:20

Had my appt. with the CRS yesterday, and he seemed to think everything looked normal at this point, and he seemed positive. He did put some of this "silver nitrate" stuff on the wound which he said will help the healing and remove some granulation..... It stung like hell when he put it on, kind of brought back memories of the dreaded fissure when I had it this past summer! My bottom feels great today though! I think the silver nitrate may have taken away the itching I was experiencing. He did say the itching I was getting at this point was completely normal and part of the healing process. I hope things stay on track from here on out!
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?