agony 24 hrs a day help needed please what can i do

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

agony 24 hrs a day help needed please what can i do

Postby fairy » 18 Nov 2011, 06:50

hi i have a chronic anal fissure now for a year, it is agony..just lately it is 24-7...i am using anoheal but its not doing much to be honest if anything...i saw a colorectal surgeon who prescribed it and im not due to see him again now till january...
i have a tube of rectogesic as well is that better than anoheal?
the pain wont stop at all i cant do anything..its total agony non stop..i jave children and my husband is ill so i have to look after him...im sitting on a hot water bottle non stop...i was gonna go to a&e but i cant do the 20 minutes taxi ride...plus would they help me
is there anything i can buy over the counter to numb the area....i would try anythng right now...i also have issues going to the loo and have to use a huge amount of lactulose....please any ideas anything please help me im so desperate right now...the pain is worse than when i broke my pelvis and both legs...thank you
fairy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: agony 24 hrs a day help needed please what can i do

Postby dwarfs8 » 18 Nov 2011, 07:54

hi fairy, i'm so sorry that u're in so much pain now. Do use the rectogesic, as it can help to relax the anus and encourage blood flow which helps in healing the fissure. Can you call in to see the CRS earlier than ur appointment? If it's really unbearable, you can try take paracetamol as a painkiller. This is the safest, and most probably won't give constipation.
Use vaseline before BM, sitz bath and aloe vera (u can apply rectogesic concurrently) after that. Have you tried Miralax? Many ppl here on board has taken it to more success than lactulose. Lactulose doesn't really help me either, but prune juice does. Maybe you like to try that too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby pita111 » 18 Nov 2011, 18:19

Fairy,
Oh my, I feel for ya!! Been there! I am a week post LIS surgery and feeling really good. NO PAIN NO BURING NO THROBBING SPASMS!!!
However, before surgery....I found the creams didn't do too much. I took advil to take the edge off...I also sometimes broke open a Vitamin E and used the oil in area (I had read that "may" help). Took lots of soaks and iced the area...I put 1-2 cubes in baggy any put it between the cheeks. I've read on this forum some have filled baggies with alittle water and froze it and then applied. I did get some relief with the ice....even if it did just numb the area!!!
My CRS told me I should do the surgery as I had been on and off for years. The last spell was 7 weeks and I just couldn't heal it. If I knew then what I know now...I would have done the surgery a long time ago. I was in the hospital for 4 hrs.. (2hrs prior, 1/2 surgery, 1.5 hr recovery and checkout). Little discomfort afterwards and through the 1st night (not pain), and then I was just alittle sore. I had surgery on Thurs and returned to work on Mon. The spasms were worse than the surgery.
I found I take 2 stool softeners, drink 4oz Prune juice, and a glass of metamucil keeps everything soft and moving! No more shards of glass coming out! ugh!!! the horrid memories......
I was horrified of surgery...never had surgery before....but I was at my wits end. Thought I was going to lose it. Very edgy and in tears. The time came when I couldn't wait to get into the CRS and show my butt!! He did surgery 5 days later! I am a week out from surgery and have my life back!!!
Be sure to go to a Colon Rectal surgeon (CRS) and be honest as to how the Anal Fissure is impacting your life!
Until then....soak and try some ice.....I know it sounds weird....but at some point I just wanted relief!
Best of luck...and do keep up posted!!
PITA1111 (ie.. Pain In The A&&)
pita111
Fibre Addict

Postby mamafizz » 25 Oct 2016, 13:13

Just wondered if you are still okay?! Just joined and need either botox or surgery, Spasms and painful schincter 24/7 and then burning and aching when rectiv wears off. dealing with this for 4 months now. Afraid of surgery I had 6 children, honestly if it gives any relief I am a fan. Dr wants to do botox first?
mamafizz
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1