Will Healing Take Place?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Will Healing Take Place?

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2007, 23:45

Hi, im new here in the forum, this is what happen to me, and im nervous about this
I've been feeling a not so painful but noticable pain in my but, I feel random stinging pain once a week, The pain Wont Last Long, But It will Return Randomly throughout the day or the next couple of weeks, I dont feel stinging pain almost 3 weeks then i will feel it again, but there are no blood in the stool, i already went to the doctor 2 times and she said it was a anal fissure, i have barium enema and the results are negative (free from cancer or inflammation), yes i can sit for a long period, i have no problem in pain in sitting on a chair, but when i try to urinate hard i could feel it barely, the pain is like a stinging pain and wont last long just a few seconds or so, but i am undergoing thru this for the past 5 months? Any People who has the same experience as me? Im Just 19 and im nervous about it Thanks for Reading It

Re: Will Healing Take Place?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Oct 2007, 05:04

It is very possible your problem can devolve and your fissure pain could get worse. I feel that is what happened to me, I had a small annoying fissure that got worse because of diarrhea.
You don't want it to get worse. Make sure you correct your diet if necessary, eating fresh fruit and veggies and less meat and little if any junk food. Increase your water intake.
Read over the many threads on this board and you will find many areas in which you can begin taking steps to hopefully heal things. And feel free to vent and ask specific questions!!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Oct 2007, 06:40

Welcome to the forum. Fissure healing is not straight forward-you can have good days and bad days.
Did she recommend any treatment for the fissure?
Taking warm/hot soaks can help with healing and managing your diet with 30 grams of fiber, flax seed and fish oil supplementation, water and probiotics really seem to help me.
Please look around at the threads and let us know if you need any help!

Postby happyass » 03 Oct 2007, 06:46

hey q,
you are so young. but fissures don't discriminate. i don't know how babies deal with it because they often have constipation too and get them but they really have no way of identifying or telling us where they are hurting.
anyway, lecia has some good pointers. be proactive with your diet changes now and get some healing going. diet plays such a big role and i think it is more than just the eating part of it as the better you eat, it affects the whole package - body, mind, spirit, and booty!
i invite you to glance over the macrobiotic page i have listed in my signature too for some ideas.
before i discovered you were 19, i was thinking that perhaps you should also discuss your urination issue with your doc. you shouldn't have to strain to pee. i think that will also have an effect possibly on your fissure recovery.
there are medications out there that can help with your urination symptoms.
i was concerned there that perhaps you should get your prostate checked out too, which may not be a bad thing, even if you are 19.
i remember doing that as well since i wanted to make sure my issues were not prostate related.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 03 Oct 2007, 13:50

thanks for the reply, last month, the doc gave me medicine such as anti inflammatory, anyway i don't usually following my diet, i eat what i see on the table, and i only eat less vegetables, worst thing i also smoke cigarretes, but im trying to lessen my nicotine intake week by week because of this, and possibly quitting smoking is also my goal, i also follow my bowel habit, when i needed to i go to the toilet i don't let my poop wait in there, i also read the other forums and found out that others have their worst cases of AF than me so im kinda relieve, but i don't want this to get worst and ending up in the operating room, and now i drink less soda, but i drink plenty of water (cause last year i was used to drinking soda than water), and now my important question to this is when this will heal? cause it has taken my life for the past 5 months and everyday i think of my butt, im too young for this, i can't enjoy my teen life because of this. But as all of you advice me i will now try to take fibre and i will follow my diet