paper cut on outside?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

paper cut on outside?

Postby jenny2 » 17 Nov 2011, 18:56

this morning when i woke up i noticed that my anus hurt again and after looking i c a paper cut on the outside of my anus, is that possible that this could be a fissure again? it was bleeding and now i am seriously thinking of calling my crs again. this is driving me nuts having to deal with this problem again.. are anal fissures outside sometimes???
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: paper cut on outside?

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2011, 19:17

Hi Jenny,
Sorry you are having some trouble! Image Yes hon, anal fissures can and are quite often on the outside.

Postby jenny2 » 18 Nov 2011, 07:35

hey dawn thanks for the comment. i am back to using nitro again and thinking about making a appt to go and see crs again. it is a small paper cut and i dont know why that i have that again. grrrr.. i felt small spasms last night so i started nitro again. what do they do if you have fissure on outside? do they do surgery for them
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 18 Nov 2011, 08:26

hi jenny, yes small paper cut is an anal fissure... did you have hard stools/diarrhea? Yes LIS can help..
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jenny2 » 18 Nov 2011, 08:38

no i didnt have a hard stool or diarrhea, that i know of. this damn cut just kind of showed up and i saw it bleeding when i looked down there cause of the pain. last night i had small spasms again, so i started using the nitro that i had left from july when i had the other fissure.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 18 Nov 2011, 10:04

Hi Jenny,
Many, many people are able to see their fissures from the outside. Most fissures are just tiny paper cuts and LIS is for that. Once your internal sphincter is in spasms any poop ,even soft can cause the re-tears. Usually when we start to poop with a fissure, the Internal muscle that we can't control will clench and cause the re-tears. You can do all the slow breathing, relaxing that's possible and keep the bm's soft but if that muscle clenches/spasms a re-tear will happen. Mine were so bad I could barely have a complete bm ever. I had to go the the potty nearly 10 times a day to get a fair amount of bm out. I would get my fissure to heal enough to have a complete bm (all in one go )about every two weeks and then it would clench/ spasm and re-tear and I would start all over again. I would eat the same thing, drink a gallon of water a day, take the same stool softener and it would still happen Image
It sucks but it's really out of our control since the internal sphincter isn't something we can relax ourselves!! I would go to the CRS and really think about LIS if I were in your shoes. This just isn't any way to live in my opinion...

Postby jenny2 » 18 Nov 2011, 16:45

when i go to crs on wed she is going to probaly tell me that this fissure is located in a different area so she wants me to try the nitro creme again. i am so sick of this bs, just would like to have surgery and try to get rid of fissures for good.. what does everyone think?? forgot to add this: my husband is trying to tell me that i just have a small paper cut on my anus and it is nothing to worry about again and it will go away on its own? i dont know how to explain to him a anal fissure he is clueless about medical. grrrrrrrrrrrr Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 18 Nov 2011, 18:48

tell ur hubby why don't u cut a 2mm cut on his anus and c if it's painful or not. I hate ignorant people like this! My colleagues also kinda "made fun" of me when they knew of my anal fissure, but what i told them is that anal fissures can happen to anyone, so good luck!
if the CRS refuse to do surgery on you, do seek another one jenny! This CRS might be not confident with LIS, as probably she doesn't have enough experience thus they wld give all sorts of reasons to avoid them!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jenny2 » 18 Nov 2011, 20:43

yes he dont understand what it feels like to have these fissures and be in pain and spasms. when i go to crs wed if she tells me we are going to wait around again and do the nitro route again for awhile, i will look for another doc. i am sick and tired of not being able to have a life.. maybe i should just go to a different doctor like i planned 2 a couple weeks ago cause she has messed around for awhile and i am tired of her telling me nothing.. i just feel embarrased going to a man crs but i guess might be worth it to find someone that is good.......
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist