really need some advice and help before i lose my mind

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

really need some advice and help before i lose my mind

Postby fairy » 23 Nov 2011, 11:41

hi
i am desperate
my bum is so painful i can wear underwear or anything..i can only lie down or crawl to the bath...
i have had bum problems for about 20 years im 37 now that was hemmoroids
i developed a fissure about a year and a half ago..i put up with it..it then became very painful and ive tried rectogesic and anoheal
ive seen a crs but he said try rectogesic even though i had he said to try it again..i was in agony that day (23rd october)
since then its got worse and worse i dont know whats going on now..i saw my idiot gp to try and get my appointment with crs bought forward its the 10th jan and he wouldnt do it he had a look and said he could see loads of skin tags and four big cuts....he prescribed sciroproct suppositories (yep idiot gp prescribing steroid internal cream and more bloody rectogesic
well im in agony... i cant do anything....i am a mum and a carer for my ill husband..i have no family or friends near me at all as we moved miles away
i have bought dr wheatgrass cream and an american cream called calmoseptine to try
what do i do????
has anyone else been this bad...starting to go mad from no sleep
i keep bowel movements soft but i do get the runs and occasionally constipation
im so thin now im under 6 stone and on build up drinks
im desperate i just want to be a mum and look after my poorly husband
phoned crs secretery and told her she would not bring appointment forward either
have no money to go private
help
fairy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: really need some advice and help before i lose my mind

Postby Deleted User 579 » 23 Nov 2011, 21:43

Aw Fairy - I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. Image I really know how you feel. I was in so much agony when I had my fissure. There was no way to describe it. "Pain" isn't a strong enough word. I also understand your frustration. In Canada we have ridiculously long wait times. I was told I couldn't see a surgeon for 6 months when I was in agony. I'm sorry I can't give you any good advice because I don't know how things work in the UK. I did throw a complete fit in Emergency at the hospital at one point and finally got some attention from a competent surgeon. But I really had to have a complete meltdown - I mean I was freaking out so badly five nurses were scrambling all over the place to get me anti-anxiety meds. It was even kinda funny - five nurses hand me five pills all at once!
It's disgusting how stupid doctors are about fissures. I'd like to give them a few fissures just to teach them what it's like. I really feel for you! Go to A&E if that's the only option you've got. At the very least they might be able to give you something for the pain. Just be careful - pain meds cause constipation. So be sure you have good stool softeners (many folks here use Miralax/Movicol). Also, I used a muscle relaxer when I was coping with my fissure pain (I used extra-strength Robaxacet), along with Ibuprofen. They didn't elimination the pain completely, but they really helped to make it more bearable.
I really hope you find relief soon! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby StevePain » 24 Nov 2011, 14:54

Fairy, I can fully sympathize with you, if you're in the UK I know how bad it is just to get an appointment with a CRS, I battled for over 2 years to get to see a proper surgeon and a further year before they did the surgery, by this time I was going insane with the constant pain, they just don't understand Image and as for GP's .. WELL... They are just clueless... the suppositories and Anusol they gave me in the beginning most probably caused more harm than good by thinning out the skin, makes me so angry.. Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby wecc » 25 Nov 2011, 06:51

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going though. It will get better….. We in the U.S discuss how the health care system needs to be fixed. However, I read posts from you and others and I feel very lucky.Steve had to wait 2 year???? I can see 4-5 CRS in my area within a few weeks and if need be have the surgery within a few days for a co-payment of $40.00. I just do not understand how given the pain you are in, you cannot get treated, what other steps can you take?
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby wecc » 25 Nov 2011, 07:08

Fairy...I had pain that was so bad that I sould not sit or sleep. I was at a 10 out of 10 in regards to pain. Now I am about a 1-3. What really helped me was:
Nifed cream 4x per day
soaking 3-4 times a day and when I could sit, using a heating pad.
Keeping your stool soft is the key! I drank enought water to fill a pool. Also what really helped me were Magnesium pills. I also had a hard time going...these pills really helped!
Walking believe it or not gets blood going to the area and sometimes helped with the pain.
My GP gave me steroids and that was 100% the worst thing...it took me 3 days to recover frrom that.
With all the above said, I still kept retearing and some days I am back up at a 7...but not near a 10 as I was for half a year.
Yesterday was thanksgiving here and I had a BM and I wnet back to an 7 and I had to meet my family at our friends house from dinner. I had to stand in the kitchen and eat while everyone sat at the table. I am so tired of going back and forth and this screwing up life, I am going to have the surgery even if I go back to a 1 no and feel no pain. I would have in in a few weeks, but I want to be around for Christmas with my kids....
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Nov 2011, 07:07

I am so sorry to hear about your pain Fairy!!! I too have a skin tag only one thank god, b/c that thing hurts worse than my fissure most days!!! I have been suffering for 3 years and have had enough. I agree with wecc, I have a CRS appt on thursday and I am having the surgery, tired of this consuming my life...My life revolves around my ass and I am so tired of it. I was doing very good and then the other day out of the blue, had not changed a thing I was doing the burning and all day spasms came back..I am waiting until after the first of the year b/c of the holidays and people at work out on vacation, I figure, I have been dealing with this for so long one more month won't be that bad. I am thankful I walk all day at work, b/c that really helps. I hope you begin to feel a little better soon!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36