Return to exercise post-LIS???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Return to exercise post-LIS???

Postby Away PITA! » 28 Nov 2011, 13:32

I'm about 5 weeks post-LIS. My CRS says I'm doing great. No more post-op appointments scheduled. So my question is this: when can I start to resume my work-out routine? I'm a triathlete and I'm wondering if swim/bike/run will help healing or hurt healing. My CRS says "return to normal" activities. But I'm not sure my workouts are "normal". Maybe if I start slow...trying to be patient...Thoughts?
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Return to exercise post-LIS???

Postby dwarfs8 » 30 Nov 2011, 20:37

i would STRONGLY suggest you to take things easy. U don't wanna hurt anything down there and regret later. Healing is tough, retearing is super easy.
All CRS will say the same, they are answering you in theory. BUT they themselves have never truly understand the pain and the agony of retears. So, my advice (yes, it's my opinion), let urself rest for at least 3 months. FYI, i don't have pain on my fissure for about 3 months already, yet last Monday my CRS told me upon examination that he can still see the fissure but i was not painful when he touched it. So he can only said "i'm almost healed", despite i have this fissure for a total of 7 months.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19