When will my botox start to kick in?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

When will my botox start to kick in?

Postby Nitsnz » 13 Dec 2011, 12:14

Hi there, I had botox 7 days ago, and here I am, still writhing around in agony after just having a BM this morning. I'm wondering when I should start to feel some relief? The surgeon did tell me probably about 1 - 2 weeks. There has been some noticeable changes, like not being able to "squeeze" off after the final BM - sorry for the graphics - but I'm sure some of you will understand, but 1 h Image our later, I still can't stand up, sit down, anything really - am dosed up to the max on painkillers and now have to go and face my day at work.......... AT WITS END........
Nitsnz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: When will my botox start to kick in?

Postby val » 13 Dec 2011, 15:03

Aww, sorry to hear that! I haven't had botox myself, but do deeply sympathise with you.
Could you ask your doctor for some valium maybe, it might relax things a little and give you some relief.
Or a hot water bottle could help a little?
Hope you feel better soon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Mike530 » 13 Dec 2011, 20:53

Nitsnz wrote:Hi there, I had botox 7 days ago, and here I am, still writhing around in agony after just having a BM this morning. I'm wondering when I should start to feel some relief? The surgeon did tell me probably about 1 - 2 weeks. There has been some noticeable changes, like not being able to "squeeze" off after the final BM - sorry for the graphics - but I'm sure some of you will understand, but 1 h Image our later, I still can't stand up, sit down, anything really - am dosed up to the max on painkillers and now have to go and face my day at work.......... AT WITS END........

Hello, mine took effect about 5 days after but sadly here I am a month later and the botox hasnt help me. I was told I had the max dose as well. The only thing the botox has helped me with is pain when sneezing or coughing is no longer there. I hope it gets better for you! good luck.
Mike
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Nitsnz » 14 Dec 2011, 01:10

Thanks for the support. Mike, when you say yours took effect 5 days after, what was the "effect"? Did the pain lessen at all and has it returned, or was it only the coughing and sneezing part? I don't feel like I have the muscular cramps, as much as it just feels so bruised and is so painful to stand, sit or anything. My BM was at 6am this morning, it is now 8pm at night, and I'm still in pain! I know the only relief I get will be when I eventually go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow I should be okay, until I have to go again - which hopefully I can put off until tomorrow afternoon. I need to be able to have a full day at work, rather than come home in agony as I did today.
Nitsnz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Mike530 » 14 Dec 2011, 01:52

Nitsnz wrote:Thanks for the support. Mike, when you say yours took effect 5 days after, what was the "effect"? Did the pain lessen at all and has it returned, or was it only the coughing and sneezing part? I don't feel like I have the muscular cramps, as much as it just feels so bruised and is so painful to stand, sit or anything. My BM was at 6am this morning, it is now 8pm at night, and I'm still in pain! I know the only relief I get will be when I eventually go to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow I should be okay, until I have to go again - which hopefully I can put off until tomorrow afternoon. I need to be able to have a full day at work, rather than come home in agony as I did today.

I feel ya. The botox basically numbed the area, it will feel almost like nothing is there lol. Unfortunately the botox never helped me, but I also had an hemmeroidecromy to remove 2 internal hemmeroids and my AF is internal as well. I have pain basically all the time, but its really bad after a BM. Even with soft stools! sorry if I confused you with the coughing and sneezing part I said, those are things that I had just noticed dont bother me anymore because the botox had completey numbed my bum. Read up on some of the other threads of others who had just the botox, it seems like it for the most part its only a temporary fix for most. End game, it seems everyone gets LIS or a fissurectomy. Good luck, and I hope things gets better for you.
Mike
Mike530
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4