Please help -- need support; am scared

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please help -- need support; am scared

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2011, 14:08

Hello I am new. I am a young (early 20s) female and I have battled a mild fissure since May. It comes back every now and again. I am concerned that it's not healing all the way. When using the restroom, I notice bright red blood but I experience very little pain, and afterward there is no pain. I have no other symptoms and I feel like a million bucks after using the restroom and during my daily life in general. I do not think surgery is necessary for this. I am opposed to it in general but I also don't think my conditions are that severe.
Can anyone please give me an opinion on my situation? What should I do? I would prefer natural healing methods but I am very desperate for answers at this point.
Thank you --
Anonymous

Re: Please help -- need support; am scared

Postby Davo » 14 Dec 2011, 15:23

Hi,
I am no expert but i would say you have a minor acute fissure that comes maybe after a hard bowel movement and heals itself in a short amount of time. Are you ever constipated when going to the toilet or does it ever feel quite hard/dry?
I certainly would not worry about surgery as your symptoms and pain would not warrant this (providing it is a fissure that you have).
My advice to you would be to go and see a doctor just to make sure it is what you think it is and just to be on the safe side. Doctors come accross these day after day so you have little to worry or be embarassed about.
Also in the meantime make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your stools soft and increase you fibre intake to help your digestive transit.
But hey dont worry people get these all the time!
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby dwarfs8 » 15 Dec 2011, 02:08

hi there, u need to go to a Colorectal Surgeon (CRS) before the pain gets worse, disrupting your life. Don't be intimidated by the name CRS, like myself, who was so afraid of going to the surgeon, thinking if i'm seeing one, then surely i'll have to go to surgery. That's so NOT TRUE. If i have went to the CRS right from the beginning, i probably wouldn't have ended up suffering for 5 months. Pls SKIP GPs, as they don't have much clue about ass issues and probably may misdiagnosed you, like what i've experienced!
Since yours is mild, do take a look at this thread "my success story" (do a search) to have some ideas how to heal the fissure.
If you have any questions, just post it here or there.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Dec 2011, 06:10

I feel the same as the above posters!! Sorry you are dealing with this, but it does sound as though you are in the early stages and have a chance at healing. Most important is to keep you BM's soft and regular. Miralax is the best stuff ever. Eat lots of fiber, fruits, veggies and tons of water. I would go to a CRS not GP and get some nifedipine, or GTN and apply as directed and take some nice warms soaks. If you have the chance of healing this on your own it is in the beginning stages. I wish I found this site 3 years ago, cause maybe I would not be headed to surgery in January. This nasty little cut can consume your life and become unbearable. Good luck with healing and if you have any questions about anything just post them, someone will answer.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby sterlingbird » 15 Dec 2011, 08:22

Go to a CRS. I still have problems but if I had gone to him first they might have had a very different out come . Before October 2011 I had never heard of a fissure. The people on this board have been my teachers. I have this wonderful CRS. He is this short to the point strange fella with real thick glasses that need cleaning but a great doctor. He gave me no followup so I came here. Take it from me this can get real nasty real fast so get over your embarrassment and go early to someone who knows what they are doing. This is not deadly usually but to those who have it know it can be the most painful thing you ever experienced. The best thing I have heard here is everyone is different so a lot of this you just have to try but learn from me ...start with small amounts. I was told prune juice would work for a problem I was having and after emerging from the bathroom 2 days later I decided 8 oz was too much to start with:) I wish you the best and hope for a speedy solution to your problem.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Dec 2011, 12:07

Sterlingbird, your CRS as you described sounds like mine!! LOL are you in Maryland by chance?? Yes, Sterling is right, everyone is different, so it might take a bit of tinkering to get what works for you down to a science. Hang in there, it does get better. Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby sterlingbird » 16 Dec 2011, 07:35

Sue I think it must take a certain type of person for this line of work. I mean think about what you have to do all day!
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby alpinestrawberry » 16 Dec 2011, 08:31

My CRS was a warm, positive, chubby little Chinese man. Love that guy Image . Don't get me wrong, I still hope I never see him again.
Agreed, please see a doctor, if nothing else just to get some proper ointment. I was like you and I got by for five years where things weren't too painful, surgery wasn't necessary, etc., but maybe surgery could have been AVOIDED if I'd seen a doctor sooner, and gotten the right treatment early on.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17