Christmas Dinner

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Christmas Dinner

Postby Davo » 21 Dec 2011, 05:20

Who is planning to have one???
Just wondering how much the full works is going to affect me!
Any ideas on how to make them more fissure friendly?
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Christmas Dinner

Postby Jenbug » 21 Dec 2011, 14:29

Christmas dinner is definately scary to me. There is always a beef tenderloin. There is always tons of bad for you treats and snacks and very little in the way of..healthy.
What I was going to do is bring a few of the things I like to eat as a snack. I was going to make yogurt hummus and flat bread with a veggie tray, plenty of fibre! And have more veggies than meat and eat very slowly.
I'm not sure what my family cooks with, but after eating their cooking I always end up in the restroom for a few more trips than normal. I was going to take a pre-emptive strike at this and ask that only natural oils be used and not canola or vegetable which are soy based and bother a lot of people.
there are also these snacks called veggie straws. They're crunchy and salty and relatively "good" for you as far as snacks go, you might want to bring a bag along. They've never bothered me.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby dwarfs8 » 22 Dec 2011, 03:29

for me when i'm still in pain, i'll stick to my salads and chicken, plus soup, that's all..
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby sterlingbird » 22 Dec 2011, 23:50

Everyone is used to me cooking my way. I do a turkey and eat a small amount along with sweet potato casserole, green beans and corn bread dressing.I graze by eating a very small amount a few time a couple of hours apart. I am on a Gluten Free Diet and the true southerner I am cornbread stuffing works for me. I may have to make an extra trip to the bathroom but if I am smart about it will have no damage.
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby saradev » 23 Dec 2011, 07:04

Plz suggest some alternative healthy diet for christmas so that it doesnt tear the fissure again Image
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5