colonoscopy HELP!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

colonoscopy HELP!

Postby small_flower » 27 Dec 2011, 11:37

Hi everyone,
Well i'm back! My fissure has not bothered me in forever. I was recently diagnosed with gluten intolerance in march of this year though. I had been on acid reflux medication forever it seems, and then received this diagnosis. I also got a new job as a first grade teacher. We are finally off this week for the christmas break, so I thought "hey, I have time, I should probably go see my gastroenterologist to see about getting off of this medication."
So I went in today. I described the whole situation, and how when I go off of my stomach meds, I got diarrhea, which seemed to make sense to me, since it was there to prevent acid build up. Somehow, I managed to leave the office this morning scheduled for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. I'm sure you all know what that means...
the dreaded laxative prep which will cause you to run back and forth to the toilet for hours and hours... :(
Last time I had to do this (yes, i've already done it once and I'm only 27) I put a sleeping bag on the bathroom floor, it was that bad.
I'm really upset. I had no idea that this was going to be happening. I had not planned for it but want to get it done this week so it doesnt interrupt my job. Its such a pain to plan for a substitute. So now i'm REALLY scared that this is going to wreak havoc on my poor bum. Despite the fact that my fissure has been doing very well since I had the surgery 3 years ago, I don't want it to tear open again. I know this is going to hurt like hell. Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom for me? I'm really upset. This is not how I had planned to spend my vacation. Image
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: colonoscopy HELP!

Postby Sue1962 » 27 Dec 2011, 11:53

Hi Kate. I really don't know what to tell you. I am not scheduled for surgery until 1/09/12, but I will be facing the colonoscopy ordeal in 2 years. I have to go every 5 yrs b/c my mom had colon cancer. I am just hoping all is very healed by the time I go. The prep is not as bad as it used to be, just Miralax...Lots of it, LOL...Hope someone chimes in that can help. Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36