Advice please! (reaching end of my tether)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Advice please! (reaching end of my tether)

Postby Layla85 » 29 Dec 2011, 15:29

As I've written in previous threads my fissure which has been here a year (joy...) has gotten seriously painful of late. I've dealt with retears, spasms and the horrible aching feeling but this is different. There's literally no break from it and it's not letting up. Coupled with this and flu I've basically had no Christmas this year- haven't been to visit my mum, see my friends, gone out... I've seen a lot of my bath but that's about it. :( I'm not sure if its a mental feeling that I can't take anymore or the pain but I'm feeling like I'm hitting a wall right now and that I need to do something about it pretty quickly. My GP has said the fissure is now pretty deep hence the pain.
I know from reading previous threads that rolling up at the a + e isn't that helpful but has anyone just called their colorectal clinic and asked to be seen right away? Preferably any Brits dealing with the lovely nhs? I tried to get an appointment with the CRS I normally see but he's not back til the 19th and I'm really not sure I can wait til then. I'd rather see him as I've not had a great experience with the other doctors there but it really is getting to the point that I don't mind what they do as long as it's something.
Layla85
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Re: Advice please! (reaching end of my tether)

Postby shakeit » 29 Dec 2011, 15:51

Hi Layla
I'm sorry you're suffering, I've been there too. I was in horrible pain for months until I had LIS 6 weeks ago. I'm in the UK and had long wait times too. Your GP might be able to recommend someone and do a direct referral to them on the nhs. Or just a general referral and with choose and book you can see what appointments are available and book the soonest one.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9