Healing timeframe?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Healing timeframe?

Postby Tim » 29 Dec 2011, 17:01

Hey all, had my LIS on Sept. 23rd for my chronic fissure and had a minor setback about 4 weeks into it (over-did things). Since then been doing OK with no real pain during movements. However, I get that prickly feeling from time-to-time letting me know my buddy is still here if I lean over or move quickly. My question is how long is typical for healing? I know we're all different but I'm over 3 months post-op and had an appt. today with my CRS and he says i'm about 70% there. I was truly hoping to be 100% at this point and back in the gym enjoying life. Not the case...which is depressing.
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Healing timeframe?

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Dec 2011, 07:28

dear tim, it really will does take some time to heal, i've read that it can take 1 yr to regain 40% of the strength there. As for me, i have seen my CRS for my sudden dry skin issue at the edge of my anus in Nov and he was still telling me that my fissure is ALMOST HEALED (i got the fissure since Apr, so it's been 8 months), but since i don't have pain from it anymore, i don't have to bother about it.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19