5 months post surgery nervous again

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 months post surgery nervous again

Postby Jas » 30 Dec 2011, 21:20

I had LIS and fissurectomy back in July. Things have been good with the fissurectomy sites and all seemed well. I do still have a hemorrhoid that still bothers me. Today I had a hard BM that caused quite a bit of irritation. I did not have and blood or extreme pain and I don't feel tight. After a second BM I had quite a bit of burning. After looking in the mirror it does not look like I have a new fissure where I had them before 6 and 12 o'clock. But that burning pain is back. Not sure if it is a hemorrhoid or a new tear. Can someone tear again after LIS and if so should I run to the CRS again? Freaked out again please help
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: 5 months post surgery nervous again

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Dec 2011, 07:41

hi Jas, to me burning is not necessary tearing. Tearing is more of a tearing, excruciating pain, at least that's how i felt.
I have ALMOST healed my fissure (as mentioned by my CRS in nov) and i don't have pain frm it anymore, however i still do have an internal prolapsed hemorrhoid, which cause stings, abrasion and burning sensation at times when i ate spicy foods or if the stools are too watery/loose. The burning is not too bad cos it will always settle down after 5mins to 30mins after BM.
Do keep a food diary and record down ur stools patterns so you'll know which food cause you bad reactions. My CRS told me that not only the nature but the contents of the stools can cause burning sensation as well.
Try ur best to relax, breath in deeply and out when doing BM, it helps.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby saradev » 31 Dec 2011, 11:31

hey .. even i'm still having the same problem doc told dere is no fissure again still wen it burns a lil during bm it really freaks me out..
saradev
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Jas » 31 Dec 2011, 14:36

Thank you for your response. My sensation is similar to what you said. I have a burning sensation kind of on the side where the LIS was done. At times it kind of has a slight bruised feeling on the side. After my BM it only burned for a couple minutes. But that bruise sensation is still present but not too bad. I believe it could be my hemmrhoid because the pain is not as bad as the fissure pain and I am not bleeding. I believe if I had a new acute tear it would of had some bleeding. I feel so depressed again I pray that it is only my hemrhoid that is irritated from the hard BM. My wife is upset with me that I am letting it bother me so much. I almost had a panic attack yesterday. I hope my new starts without any new butt issues. I needs some words of encouragement. I did not no where else to turn.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Jojo1 » 04 Jan 2012, 10:53

First, yes it is possible to tear again after LIS. My understanding, though, is that (especially in the first few weeks/months following LIS) that it is easier to heal from a retear after LIS.
I suspect that a small amount of burning/irritation following a bowel movement doesn't necessarily signify a retear. It sounds like you have a good idea of what it is, but I do understand the panic and fear of " oh God, is that awful, I-want-to-die pain gonna start again?" The only recommendation I can offer is to listen to your body, take it a day at a time and don't panic until you have reason to. Our bodies have little aches, etc. daily that we often don't think about until something serious happens.
I would recommend continuing the regimen you used prior to LIS. I still soak after each bowel movement, don't use toilet tissue and rinse with my shower head or travel bidet when I'm away from home. A&D ointment is my friend and I use a small amount when necessary. I've not had any true pain or bleeding at all since my LIS in November. Nothing more than minor irritation if my stool is too loose. I hope this information helps.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34