newbie AF sufferer...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: newbie AF sufferer...

Postby workingonit » 14 Jan 2012, 13:21

Hey Sweet,
I think it's great that you are not only getting out, but getting pampered too!
Enjoy it! Don't worry so much about resting your bottom. It hasn't made much difference so far, so perhaps it is more important to keep busy and then the blood gets circulated more?
I wrote a topic about meditation just now.
I believe praying is a lot like meditation, but perhaps it would work better for you to go to the church to do it? THen you get out as well.
Don't worry about the car ride. It may feel sore, but I don't think a short ride here or there can worsen anything. It's just good to get out.
Glad to hear you are careful with the xanax.
Have a great day!
-woi
p.s. I wouldn't recommend the hydrocortizone myself.
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 14 Jan 2012, 13:32

Thanks, woi -
I saw your topic on meditation - and I think it's great that you posted it. So many people here need something to help them relax, while dealing with their AFs.
LOL, I would go to church with my husband - but he's Armenian, and I can't understand what they're saying, unless I look up at the t.v. monitor. --- The church of my choice is about 20-25 mi. north of where I live - so, it's hard for me to motivate myself to go on a Sunday morning. I should go, though, if only to be with my mother there (she's almost 85).
The reason I'm worried about the car ride is because a couple of months ago, I drove to go pick up my son after school, and I came home with a miserable fissure ache! Something about driving seems to irritate me - but it's been so long since I've been out, that I don't know how I'll do.
Thanks for your positive support. It means the world to me. I hope you have a good day, too.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby pat123 » 18 Jan 2012, 20:03

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome and good thoughts! You're all GREAT!! Pat
Sweet, sorry for all your pain. Sounds like this journey has been very hard on you.
Do try to get out as much as possible. Maybe for a walk around the block, or just sit in the sun on a nice afternoon. Staying cooped up for a long time is bad for you.
I was hold up for weeks this summer with a bad prostate infection, and was really suffering mentally as I was used to being active all the time. My girlfriend told me to go out and sit outside for awhile, it would make me feel better. I thought she was nuts, but I did it anyway. I sat there looking at the clouds and the birds, and felt much better. From there I started walking a little every day outside, then a little drive for a block, and so on.
A change of scene can be very good for your mental state...
Peace!
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby workingonit » 18 Jan 2012, 21:06

I totally agree with you Pat.
I walk almost every day for at least a half hour. I think besides the mental help, it is good for circulating your blood to where it needs to help out.
I know my anxiety/stress levels are worse when I don't get out for a least a little bit.
You have a very positive attitude!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 18 Jan 2012, 22:36

Hi, Pat - and thanks for your encouraging words.
I tend to be a bit of a depressive, especially during a medical crisis. I'm really trying to fight that, though - but it's hard.
I think that part of the reason my mother has reached the age of 85 is due to her never-quit attitude. She has the ability to get out, get around people, do things, and take her mind off her problems. It's a little harder for me - but I'm trying.
Doctor visit tomorrow. Oh, dread.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby pat123 » 19 Jan 2012, 06:04

I know about depressive in a medical situation. I'm never sick... or wasn't ever sick until six months ago... chuckles. I try to remember that my mind can be my worst enemy.
Hang in there Sweet... you WILL get better!!
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sue1962 » 19 Jan 2012, 06:40

Well said Pat, your mind can be your worst enemy. Just go with the flow and relax!!! Sweet you will be fine!!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Savaici » 19 Jan 2012, 10:13

I think I go with your mum's attitude Sweet. I keep at things that interest me (even if it is sometimes from my sofa), and try to tell myself to relax, that this too will pass. Today is a bad day for me, with terrible spasms, for which I've taken 0.12 mg of Lorazapam. I had two days that were good, but I have an autoimmune disease, and that zapped me bad for two days instead!
Don't dread tomorrow. Think positive about it, that this might be the next best great step. And good luck. Will be rooting for you!! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 10:18

Thank you, all of you! I appreciate your good wishes. I wish I wouldn't be such a wreck about these things, but it's very hard for me to keep myself together.
Even after a Xanax last night, I tossed and turned and didn't go to sleep for the longest time.
This morning I'm up, nerves churning, and I'm about to hop in the shower. I have a late-a.m. appt. - so, I have to get ready.
If I'm not totally comatose after my appt., I will be sure to let everyone know how it went.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure