COLONOSCOPY QUESTION

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

COLONOSCOPY QUESTION

Postby Guest » 15 Oct 2007, 18:21

Hi everyone,
My colonoscopy is looming - I'm having it on Monday. I was wondering a couple of things...
First, my surgeon has prescribed Colyte as the purging agent to take. If it's anything like the nasty stuff I had to drink for my barium enema (Citromag, I believe it was called) this will be a nightmare.
Is Colyte as bad? I've heard about an alternative (a friend took it) called Pico-Salax - has anyone here tried it and did it clean you out effectively?
My surgeon is a Colyte man and warned me that if I took an alternative and it didn't do the job properly, the colonoscopy would have to be rescheduled and I'd have to go through that awful prep all over again. NO!!!
Finally, I'm worried because during my barium, the radiologist had to have me turn on the table quite a bit because apparently I have loops in my colon. Does this cause big problems or risks for a colonoscopy?
Thanks for reading this! I'm pretty apprehensive so I appreciate any help you can offer.

Re: COLONOSCOPY QUESTION

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Oct 2007, 18:38

I had the sigmoidoscopy and my surgeon did not have those kind of concerns about the choice of prep agent. I used Go-lytly, and it really wasn't all that bad. But I am not familiar with colyte.
Deleted User 5