New Member / 26 White Male / Long term problems

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Member / 26 White Male / Long term problems

Postby FatMatt_92 » 04 Feb 2012, 20:09

ToothDoctor wrote:This is a life-long battle. There are NO quick fixes, and a one lazy day or a slip (steak / pizza) and u get a retear.

This couldn't be any more spot on.
FatMatt_92
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby FatMatt_92 » 04 Feb 2012, 20:21

When I wrote this post 4 days ago, I was at the "Breaking point". I was fed up with the ridiculous amount of pain, I knew I had to change something. Workingonit makes a great point of realizing what is causing the AF and start there trying to treat it. I have severe acid reflux disease. I have to take 40mg of Prilosec every morning or I will have tremendous heart burn. My body doesn't break down the acid in food, so when it passes through it burns and causes AF. My AF are not from constipation, They are from a very poor diet of various foods.
Since I have wrote this post, I immediately changed my diet back to eating healthy smaller portions of food. My diet contains a lot of water. lots of fiber , and I'm only eating Vegetables and Chicken. So Chicken salads, Chicken wraps, Chicken and Broccoli. Not only do I feel better overall health wise, I haven't had any substantial pain with the AF problem. I'm going to continue this diet, and try to heal on my own. Boring food choices , but a great feeling of success right after a BM. I'll make that trade anytime.
FatMatt_92
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2012, 20:49

good decisions, Matt...
Your whole body will be better off with a healthier diet, and if you do end up having to go further with AF treatment, you will be in a better position to heal, and a better position to prevent recurrence.
I'm so glad you're feeling better! Yay!