Here is my intro....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Here is my intro....

Postby sitzbath » 14 Feb 2012, 18:06

Hello there, finally I have decided to join the forum rather than just reading along. Here goes my story: 8 weeks ago I had surgery - fistulotomy and skin tag removal (years ago I had a diagnosis for AF, not sure if that one "mysteriously" disappeared). I was in the hospital for 13 hours and the following 2 weeks were OUCHEEEE. During that time I dared to peek at my butt and nearly passed out when I saw a gaping wound (where I expected to see my anus), since the entire area was just raw and wide open. Hence I decided to contact my doc again, who then told me that my stitches had opened, but there was nothing that could be done.
So basically now, I still sit 3 times a day on my sitzbath and my wound has gotten much smaller to the size of $1 coin/ diameter of 2.5cm. Last week I found myself walking like a duck again, because the level of discomfort was excrutiating. Other than that I feel daily itchiness, moderate levels of discomfort. I can move around but get tired easily. Can others relate to that feeling of pure exhaustion post surgery? In generally I am just impatient that my wound doesn't seem to be healing well nor very fast (which seems to be a very common occurrence). Also, I found some tiny "skin tags" growing again, whereas I am worried that those might be fissures. I have my next doc's appointment on Thursday and will inquire.
I am on this forum to share my experience and to know that what I am going through is perfectly "normal".
Also, how do folks deal with exercising? My doc says I will know when I do too much and it will hurt. I basically just walk and dance nowadays (and I have serious withdrawal from my bike, which I rode daily pre-surgery). Thanks!!!!
sitzbath
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Here is my intro....

Postby workingonit » 14 Feb 2012, 21:58

Hey sitzbath,
Wow, poor you! Makes you realize how brave you can be!
Glad you are healing well.
Surgery totally tires your body. Sleep and rest as much as you can.
IMO stick to walking. There'll be plenty of time for harder exercise when you are better.
What made your stitches pull out early? If you don't mind my asking...
I used to live in the Bay area. Gorgeous place!
Great for mountain biking (when you are better of course!).
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby sitzbath » 15 Feb 2012, 23:29

Hi Tanya,
thanks so much for your sweet message.
I suppose I am healing well.... with time.
Indeed, I will stick to minimal exercise for now. Hmmm.... so my stitches... it was a surprise that they weren't in place, all that was left were 3 areas with thread poking out, I am assuming that they weren't holding it all together (my wound was huge). I didn't notice when it happened, because I was on pain meds for the first 2 weeks after surgery and very miserable the entire time. When I returned to see my doc, he pulled out whatever was leftover, which was very painful once again.
I will post more after my appointment tomorrow.
Greetings from the Bay!!
~s
sitzbath
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 13:39

s,
Good luck tomorrow!
You deserve some good news.
-Tanya
workingonit