Newbie & scared

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie & scared

Postby Kikid » 23 Feb 2012, 18:12

Hi everyone,
After reading the posts thought I'd introduce myself.
I was diagnosed with AF several years ago. The pain was as everyone describes, intense! I also had/have the 'tags outside the anus...sorry for the potty mouth. I was given, way back when, a steroid cream which did nothin. Suffered for about a year in misery. Just a side note, my mom was
near the end of stage 4 ovarian so stress was involved.
Fast forward, became very active in the gym, eating fiber, good diet. The pain went away. I was left with the 'tags...forever I guess.
Anyhoo...6 weeks ago I had major abdominal surgery. Recovery is fine. Today I had a BM and noticed bright red blood... Not a lot but really scared me! I also felt a burning sensation in the anus...kind of like the old days but not severe.
One thing different is that I've had to sit for 6 weeks solid post surgery. I had some major constipation issues during week 2. Two days of pain!
My body is used to moving around in the gym 5 x a week. Could it b that the fissure is aggravated by too much sitting?
I dunno but I just started to cry! Too much stress from surgery and now this?
Thank you for reading...I so appreciate feedback Image
Kikid

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie & scared

Postby workingonit » 23 Feb 2012, 20:07

Hey kikid,
no such thing as potty mouth on this website! :D
I bet the constipation came from the painkillers as well as less exercise.
I'm so sorry you have an AF to deal with while you are healing. That is really encouraging though, how you beat it the first time! Thanks for sharing that.
I do think stress is more of a factor than most doctors recognize.
I would try to make your BMs soft like toothpaste while the AF is healing. If you can do sitz baths, they help with the spasms/burning sensations. I like to sit on an electric heating pad. It really relaxes all the muscles down there.
drink lots of water!
I like prune juice to help soften BMs too. I drink about 6 oz every evening and do a couple spoonfuls of metamucil during the day.
I was introduced to martin rossman by a fellow member here. Here is a lecture he gives on stress and ways you can help lessen it;
http://integral-options.blogspot.com/2010/10/dr-martin-rossman-coping-with-stress.html
Hope you heal quickly!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby sailorgal » 23 Feb 2012, 21:32

Thanks, Tanya for the continued excellent tips! Will definitely look into this lecture.
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby workingonit » 23 Feb 2012, 21:48

my pleasure sailorgal, really.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34