Hello all first time poster and fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello all first time poster and fissure

Postby It fissures » 26 Feb 2012, 15:07

Hello everyone and thanks to the mods for creating this site. Let me start off by telling you what's been happening. Last Novembre I had 3 bowls of rasin bran cereal for breakfast one day, yes I was hungry lol. About 4 hours later some of it came out hard and I felt what seemed to be like a tear inside. After the Bm there was some blood on the toilet paper but nothing in the bowel. I thought it might have been a minor thing so I let it be. Everyday after my BMs were sore and irritable. I did some online diagnosing (anyone with bad anxiety knows this is a bad thing to do) and assumed it was either hemmeroids or a fissure. I waited 2 months to see if it would heal but to no avail so to my doctor I went. Seeing my doctor he did the usual finger sweep (like he was looking for lost coins in the car ashtray!) and found nothing. So know he sends me to a general surgeon. I saw the surgeon 2 weeks ago and he did the same thing as my doctor but his time he found some coins lol. No, but he did find an internal classic fissure. So what's my problem you might ask? Well now I go Tuesday for a sigmoidoscopy so now I'm freaking out wondering why he is doing one. I didn't have a chance to ask him cause I was releived it wasn't anything serious. But now I'm wondering why am I going for one. Is this standard procedure for a fissure? Thanks for reading and I'm anxiously awaiting any help.
It fissures

Topics: 1

Re: Hello all first time poster and fissure

Postby Baba » 26 Feb 2012, 18:23

Hi :)
I don't know why your doctor is sending you for a sigmoidoscopy, but he may just want a good look up there to rule out anything else up there. Some doctors just like to do routine stuff depending on your age. Without me having any symptoms of colon polyps my doc wanted to send me for a colonoscopy just to see, but I said no - the test for occult blood is good enough for now.
There is a lot of good info on this site - I hope you find stuff that helps you deal with the monster in your rear.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3