Irritated skin after wiping

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Irritated skin after wiping

Postby Tuberose » 18 Mar 2012, 16:00

hi all, even when I don't have a new fissure I've noticed the skin there is easily irritated after a bowel movement and wiping. I use plain white tissues soaked in water. Then I dry it off then apply rosehip oil or coconut oil but it still seems irriited after the next bm. Any suggestions? I took candida oral tablet ..shouldn't the candida be cleared by now ??
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Irritated skin after wiping

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 18 Mar 2012, 16:55

I had the same problem for about 6 months to a year. My CRS thought it might be a fungal infection and gave me an ointment to use, but it didn't help.
My CRS then told me to stop wiping completely. So I just jump in the shower right after a bowel movement (of course it helps that I work from home). It helps to have a removable shower head and find the right adjustment that works best for you to clean everything properly. He also told me not to use soap anywhere near the anus. After the shower, instead of using a towel, I use a blow dryer (on the cool setting) to dry everything. It took a couple of weeks but I no longer have irritated skin around the anus.
During this period, he also told me I could use Boudreaux's Butt Paste, which I did occasionally and it really helped. Make sure you only apply it after the area is really dry, otherwise you can trap in the moisture, making the problem worse.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Tuberose » 18 Mar 2012, 19:03

Hi there thanks for your reply. I have a bidet at home which makes cleaning easier. I'm careful to dry afterwards kthersie it can cause fungus if left moist. I use a hairdryer too then add the oil to seal the area. I get an itchy burning sensation after passing a bm even though there is no active fissure or tear ..this usually happens when I've had a lot of BMs every day for a few days ..the skin become irritated and sensitive.
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 18 Mar 2012, 19:24

My CRS also highly recommended two other over-the-counter products:
1. CALMOSEPTINE OINTMENT. It gets AMAZING reviews on Amazon. I bought some but it didn't work for me. When I told my CRS that it didn't work he was very surprised because he said it is one of the best products on the market for anal irritation and most of his patients LOVE it.
Here's the link for it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Calmoseptine-0001-04-CALMOSEPTINE-OINT-4OZ/dp/B000GOVYE6.
2. CALMOL 4 SUPPOSITORIES. I used them for a while and they really did help. They coat the entire anal canal, which helps with irritation caused by stool. I only stopped using them because I didn't like the feeling of inserting a suppository.
Here's the link for them on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Calmol-Hemorrhoidal-Suppositories-each-Pack/dp/B000RF0WYM/ref=pd_sim_hpc_2
I would definitely try both of these and see if one of them works for you.
If you do try either of them, be sure to post your results here on the forum to help others in the same situation as you.
Good luck!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Tuberose » 18 Mar 2012, 21:55

Thanks fr your advice, I have a nappy cream at home that contains 20% zinc oxide but I find it messy and very hard to remove...a nightmare after a bm lol
Meanwhile, I bought this product today after reading great reviews about it, it's Australian made, I already use their shampoo and soaps so I thought I'd try the eczema cream that's also anti fungal. It's all natural ingredients too. It's called moo goo eczema and psoriasis cream ( I can't post the link since I'm new).
Tuberose
Fibre Addict

Postby chibilink » 18 Mar 2012, 22:44

Hey Tuberose,
I only use medicated wipes after a BM because I too have that issue with sensitive skin. The brand I like is the preparation H medicated wipes. They have witch hazel and aloe in it. I carry a pack around with me wherever I go, they have portable packs you can put them in your pocket in case you have a need for them while you are out and about.
chibilink
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2