What Doc? 4 weeks post OP

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What Doc? 4 weeks post OP

Postby Trifox » 20 Mar 2012, 13:08

I had PIS and Skin tag removal with deep anal fissure almost 4 weeks ago. I went to my first post op appointment and the Dr. said that everything was healing well! I am excited everything is healing well and I only have minor burning.
I train for triathlon and have a long distance race on May 19....need less to say, I had to cancel my event due to the lack of training since surgery.
My Doctor told me on the pre-op appointment to wait 1 week before returning back to normal activites. After surgery he said to wait 4-6 week before I can return to training for my event. Just yesterday at the post op appointment he said wait till JUNE!!! Thats 4 months post op. I want to do what he says, but he is all over the board and inconsitant. I need you help.....when did you all start to return back to exercise?? He said I can swim now and lift weights. Which I understand that cycling is murder to my bottom...but running???
Second question...when did you stop the SITZ baths after surgery???
Would it help me speed up recovery?
HELP!!!! So confused! Image
Trifox
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: What Doc? 4 weeks post OP

Postby workingonit » 20 Mar 2012, 14:57

Hi,
what is a PIS?
I had a skin tag removed and it was healed over by the 10th day. But remained tender for months.
Did you mean LIS?
It depends if it was the kind where they go under the skin or the kind where they cut through the skin. Both should heal pretty quick (for a surgical proceedure that is).
If the fissure was deep, it will probably take another month at least to heal.
I've never had LIS myself though. This is just what I understand from reading other people's experiences.
Your doc is probably judging the time from checking your healing rate. When they say 'normal' activities after LIS, they aren't usually taking marathon training into account! :)
So you are healing well though?
Congrats!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?