Glucomannan

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Glucomannan

Postby buttgirl » 26 Oct 2007, 10:37

:?]:
Anyone tried this fiber? I found it three days ago as part of a supplement for fixing chronic constipation and it has been amazing, provided something weird is going on with my bowel. Apparently, it is an Asian yam fiber (a soluable fiber) that can absorb something like 200 times its weight in water. And it is supposed to stay super gooey and lube-y in the intestines. I think that is what it is doing for me, but I also have IBS-CD (yes both ends of the spectrum, which is what caused the fissure in the first place), so sometimes my intestines play tricks on me--I'll think I found something that works only to find out that I was having a bit of an irritable bowel day.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and what your story with it was.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: Glucomannan

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2007, 10:44

I haven't tried it buy have heard that is very good for controlling blood sugar. Is is a powder or pills?
I will look for a popeye smiley for you!

Postby buttgirl » 26 Oct 2007, 11:03

Thanks!! or should I say toot-toot!:pop:
It is part of a Digestive Advantage pill that I am taking. The pill has probiotics and glucomannan in it.
Last edited by Anonymous on 26 Oct 2007, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2007, 11:12

I think I have heard of something like that. I think is also has FOS a type of sugar chain that the probiotics needs to properly colonize.
I found popeye-let me upload him!

Postby buttgirl » 26 Oct 2007, 11:24

Cool. Thanks. I'll edit him into the proper places.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements