Just me and my Fissure! (Long story inside)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Just me and my Fissure! (Long story inside)

Postby kingfissure » 25 Feb 2012, 09:43

Hi everyone, I am new here. My name is Matt, I am 29 years old have have been suffering with an Anal Fissure for 3 years now!!! I was just recently diagnosed due to so much of myself being out of work, having no health insurance, no money. Going to the doctor was just not an option for me.
My issue started like I said around 3 years ago, and to be honest I am not so sure it was my "fault." I was having difficulties urinating and my PCP said I probably had prostatitis and to be certainly sure I should go visit a urologist. Well during my visit there he conducted a prostate exam, basically he shoved his fingers up my butt to do whatever they do. Prior to that exam I was fine, no issues, I pooped like a champion. I was uncomfortable all day following the exam, the next day I had a bowel movement and wow it hurt like hell. During the 3 years I have had this I only had blood in my stool about 3 or 4 times. My biggest issue was the constant burning and the massive leaking I would endure following a trip to the bathroom. The smell, the feeling, it was awful...planning day trips around going to the bathroom and sitting in the tub was too much. But I dealt with it for the past 3 years and again...could the prostate exam cause a tear in my rectum, I believe so.
My father swore up and down for years it was nothing, I wasn't wiping good enough. I knew I had a problem and it was between a fissure or a hemorrhoid. I was married in 2010 and had to deal with this bad boy during my honeymoon which was awful. My wife was working but unable to cover me on health insurance and FINALLY near the end of last year I was able to get put on her health coverage and made my appointment with a gastroenterologist. I went for my first appt at the end of Jan, I was very nervous and the doctor had a hard time seeing what was going on due to my nerves, I couldn't relax for him to get a good view so he suggested a colonoscopy to just make sure it wasn't a hemorrhoid or worse...I agreed. Had my procedure on Feb 3 2012 and was diagnosed finally with the fissure I always knew I had. He put me on two creams, hydrocortizone and nitroglycerin that I need to apply 2 or 3 times a day each. Along with that I am taking metamucil 3 times a day and lots of sit baths as usual. I also on my own accord stopped drinking anything other then water which has helped a lot.
The creams, well they have been a LIFE SAVER for me, wow. I never knew something I suffered with for years would ease off so quickly. The creams were only to be used for 10 days after my procedure...I said 10 days??? How is this gonna heal me in 10 days. Well gradually I have been able to go to the bathroom and have virtually NO PAIN, NO BURNING, NO LEAKING...it has been a GOD SEND! However the other day I did experience some pain and burning 2 days before my follow up appt. I went and told the Dr and he wants me to use the creams for another 10 days and I will see him hopefully for the last time at the end of March with a healed butt! Has been a really "crappy" situation for the past 3 years and all I can say to people suffering is you will get through this eventually but I highly recommend seeing a professional first before attempting any at home cross your fingers hope it works remedies!
Thanks for reading my long intro! GOOD LUCK!
kingfissure

Topics: 1

Re: Just me and my Fissure! (Long story inside)

Postby Baba » 25 Feb 2012, 10:24

Oh my, what a problem to have on one's honeymoon!!
I'm glad it's working for you, but do be careful, because once you've had one of those demons, they can come back if you get constipated - the scar tissue doesn't stretch and will reopen if conditions are such.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 25 Feb 2012, 10:34

Hey Kingfissure,
I had a similar experience with my GP. Although I already had a fissure, I went to her for what I thought was a hemorrhoid but was actually the fissure's sentinel. Anyways, she was none too gentle as she had a lobby of people waiting, and boy was I twice as sore for days afterwards!
Plus she thought it was a hemorrhoid too -sigh. But I got the referral to a CRS that the visit was for in the first place.
Anyways, I'm so glad your doc has been able to help you! It really does put your life on hold.
I agree with Baba too. I've read that it takes a year for the skin to reach 80% of it's original strength, and probably never gets to 100%.
Hope it's all healed!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby kingfissure » 25 Feb 2012, 10:58

Well hopefully I will be good, luckily for me I have never really suffered from constipation during this entire ordeal. I told my doc yesterday that I don't think I will be completely healed by the end of March...I with you guys, at least a year.
kingfissure

Postby Notes » 11 Apr 2012, 13:49

Its been a year and 4 months. The time comes I didn't know. I need some help. My AF is ok. I wanted them to heal it away.
Notes

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 11 Apr 2012, 19:27

Are you drunk Notes?
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby Notes » 11 Apr 2012, 19:52

No, I'm not drunk.
Notes

Postby turnontheignition » 13 Apr 2012, 13:32

Notes wrote:Its been a year and 4 months. The time comes I didn't know. I need some help. My AF is ok. I wanted them to heal it away.

Either drunkeness or poetry. Maybe both.
turnontheignition
Fibre Addict