Advice Please re. Use of Heat Pads

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Advice Please re. Use of Heat Pads

Postby jillywilly » 20 Apr 2012, 03:29

Just wondered if anyone could clarify the use of heat pads for sitting on please. I registered a couple of days ago & had some very helpful advice which i have been following which included sitting on a heat pad. As i didn't have a one i decided to try a hot water bottle & have found it helps me alot but i just wondered if i should limit the amount of time i spend sitting on it? Once the pain has eased should i not sit on it any longer? Will it do any harm if i sit on it for several hours at a time?
I have switched from Rectogesic to Anoheal & this has made a big difference (no nasty side effects at all) but i'm still having trouble sleeping tho as pain is particulary bad at night. Dont know how long i'll be waiting on the NHS to go for my examination under anaethestic & botox injection so thankyou again for the advice & support it really means alot.
Jill
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Advice Please re. Use of Heat Pads

Postby jr2 » 20 Apr 2012, 10:12

hi Jill..
I haven't found any harm in using gentle heat for prolonged periods of time. Just need to make sure the heat isn't too hot and to watch out for perspiration, which can aggravate the fissure. So glad to hear the Anoheal has been a good switch for you!
jr2

Topics: 15